Newb Asks: Can We Run Damien's Chevy Volt / Ampera Charger Code On An Arduino Uno?

Development and discussion of fast charging systems eg Chademo , CCS etc
Gregski

Newb Asks: Can We Run Damien's Chevy Volt / Ampera Charger Code On An Arduino Uno?

Post by Gregski »

I can successfully run Damien's AmperaCharger code off of GitHub on an Arduino Due but it does not have EPROM (ie ability to save my configuration changes) so I am wondering if I can run it on it's little bother the Arduino Uno which claims to have EPROM

In my truck I am currently running it on Damien's VCU Ver 2 [ pronounced: "Pre ZombieVerter" ] however I would like to move it off of the VCU allowing the VCU just to be in charge of controlling the vehicle. This also will make automating charging easier for me.

Well why don't you just try it and find out mister?

C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Arduino\libraries\due_wire/due_wire.h:28:10: fatal error: variant.h: No such file or directory

#include "variant.h"

^~~~~~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

exit status 1

Error compiling for board Arduino Uno.

download.png
download.png (2.67 KiB) Viewed 3460 times
IMG_7188.JPG
"I don't need to understand how it works, I just need to understand how to make it work!" ~ EV Greg
arber333

Re: Newb Asks: Can We Run Damien's Chevy Volt / Ampera Charger Code On An Arduino Uno?

Post by arber333 »

Gregski wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:00 pm I can successfully run Damien's AmperaCharger code off of GitHub on an Arduino Due but it does not have EPROM (ie ability to save my configuration changes) so I am wondering if I can run it on it's little bother the Arduino Uno which claims to have EPROM
------
You want me to send you one of my DUE shields? It has EEPROM chip on it two CAN bus chips and it is set to sense PP and Cp signals. Two 12V relays can handle 12V enable signaling, water pump and disable signal so you dont drive off with cable in socket :). You also have BMS pin that can disable charging upon BMS signal.

It so happens it resided in my Pug when i removed it in favour of ESP32 VCU.
Since its used i can let it go for $50 + shipping. I will have to check how much is that.

EDIT: Sorry didnt post any photos. Look here, i use 4th board revision... Let me know your details in PM.
https://leafdriveblog.wordpress.com/202 ... it-module/