Potential Donor Plugin Hybrid Battery Pack Evolution

Gregski

Potential Donor Plugin Hybrid Battery Pack Evolution

Post by Gregski »

a semi accurate visual representation of what's out there in the States for you to harvest from plugin hybrids for your EV conversion (boy that's a tongue twister) please feel free to beat me up on this one in terms of accuracy, and hear what's out there across the pond, also is anyone actually running the Prius battery packs in a real vehicle and not just for bench testing?

I hope to eventually build up this section to link directly to example builds using the particular battery packs:

7.6 kWh - out of BMW 330e
9.1 kWh - out of BMW 530e

18.4 kWh - out of Chevy Volt, Second Generation
evolution with kWh.jpg
"I don't need to understand how it works, I just need to understand how to make it work!" ~ EV Greg
Zieg

Re: Potential Donor Plugin Hybrid Battery Pack Evolution

Post by Zieg »

Ah you left out the Pacifica battery, I feel like that one is common enough to be included? Also 16kWh but newer (still in production, I think?) and IMO easier to package than the gen 1 Volt.
Gregski

Post by Gregski »

Zieg wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:50 pm Ah you left out the Pacifica battery, I feel like that one is common enough to be included? Also 16kWh but newer (still in production, I think?) and IMO easier to package than the gen 1 Volt.
Thank you, appreciate the input, I found your wonderful write up here Chrysler Pacifica Battery Info should we request johu to add a Chrysler sub topic under the OEM specific topics and show the Pacifica sum love?
"I don't need to understand how it works, I just need to understand how to make it work!" ~ EV Greg
Zieg

Post by Zieg »

Thanks, I was inspired by your amazing videos and writeups, which have been really helpful to me.

As for a Chrysler section, that battery is kind of the only useful offering from Chrysler as far as I know, so maybe it's better in some kind of catch all section?
marcexec

Post by marcexec »

I think PHEVs will be a useful parts source in years to come and 100k were built. Maybe bundle with GM(i.e. Chevrolet)?
A motorcyclist is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
Getting started guide for Celeron55's iPDM56
My Suzuki RF400 build @ES
Honda IMA & Lebowski howto