Honda ima and his abilities An old beetle

Romale

Re: Honda ima and his abilities An old beetle

Post by Romale »

johu wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:39 pm Thank you :)
I thought something went wrong because of the noises.

no, in this regard (stability), the ima inverter is cooler than the sheet inverter! no matter how much I mocked, I could not drive it into an error even once (for example, an overcurrent), an inverter from a Nissan can sometimes allow this. IMA never. always super stable.
evil neodymium :twisted:
Jacobsmess

Post by Jacobsmess »

Romale wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:26 pm 250 volts (60s li-ion battery). 40+ kW of power! the car is 1500 kg! 130 km / h.
as a motor, a generator with a Nissan Serena. as a ima inverter.

Is this a Nissan Serena motor and IMA inverter?
Romale

Post by Romale »

Jacobsmess wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:47 pm Is this a Nissan Serena motor and IMA inverter?
Yes.
marcexec

Post by marcexec »

Romale wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:26 pm 250 volts (60s li-ion battery). 40+ kW of power! the car is 1500 kg! 130 km / h.
as a motor, a generator with a Nissan Serena. as a ima inverter.
Impressive, that gives me a good bit of headroom with the Lebowski! - currently 155A battery (contactor limited) and 230A phase at 140V:
https://endless-sphere.com/sphere/threa ... st-1777461
A motorcyclist is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
Getting started guide for Celeron55's iPDM56
My Suzuki RF400 build @ES
Honda IMA & Lebowski howto
Romale

Post by Romale »

marcexec wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:21 pm Impressive, that gives me a good bit of headroom with the Lebowski! - currently 155A battery (contactor limited) and 230A phase at 140V:
https://endless-sphere.com/sphere/threa ... st-1777461
I tested the ima inverter at a voltage of 530 volts!! he survived it perfectly. so with sufficient cooling, it will be a real little miracle
marcexec

Post by marcexec »

Romale wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:17 pm I tested the ima inverter at a voltage of 530 volts!! he survived it perfectly. so with sufficient cooling, it will be a real little miracle
Crazy, thanks for taking one for the team!
What's the max temperature at the heatsink you had it at? I'm keeping it below 50℃ (drilled hole at a corner for NTC) and am not actively cooling it yet.
A motorcyclist is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
arber333

Post by arber333 »

Romale wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:17 pm I tested the ima inverter at a voltage of 530 volts!! he survived it perfectly. so with sufficient cooling, it will be a real little miracle
Hm... i was seeing a lot of EMI while using HSG motor with IMA and Lebowski over 220Vdc.
I would love to use it with 320Vdc where HSG is made for. But current sensors wouldnt cooperate over 200Vdc and there was a lot of rocking at low rpm. Can you explain how did you solve this? Did you use specific frequency with IMA inverter? I was using 6kHz for lots of EMI.
Romale

Post by Romale »

arber333 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:09 am Hm... i was seeing a lot of EMI while using HSG inverter with IMA and Lebowski over 220Vdc.
I would love to use it with 320Vdc where HSG is made for. But current sensors wouldnt cooperate over 200Vdc and there was a lot of rocking at low rpm. Can you explain how did you solve this? Did you use specific frequency with IMA inverter? I was using 6kHz for lots of EMI.
I have not encountered these problems. I just use the v3 O.I. board in the ima inverter, the current sensors and the driver power board are regular, the ima processor did not solder off and did not close any legs to the mass. from the ima, I take two wires with current sensor signals relative to the total minus of the 12 volt power supply. +5 volts current sensors are received from the standard board. also, relative to the general minus, I supply 6 pwm wires to control the transistors.
and everything.. it works by itself.

Previously, I tried to use my own isolated 6 pcs dc/dc (12/15) to power the drivers, and I took +5 volts for current sensors from the OI board, then I also got a shutdown of the inverter at a voltage above 78 volts.
Romale

Post by Romale »

8 kHz, 160 deadtime.
do you remember that in all circuits for the ima inverter, the upper lower control points are confused in places?
I showed it somewhere. the TOP of the dome is closer to the transformer. the input BOT is closer to the current sensors. and in the existing pdf files with diagrams, the opposite is indicated.
arber333

Post by arber333 »

Romale wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:21 pm 8 kHz, 160 deadtime.
do you remember that in all circuits for the ima inverter, the upper lower control points are confused in places?
I showed it somewhere. the TOP of the dome is closer to the transformer. the input BOT is closer to the current sensors. and in the existing pdf files with diagrams, the opposite is indicated.
Hah! That figures!
I used Lebowski in sensorless and i guess it is way more sensitive. thenk you for that info.
I will test this with HSG and 360Vdc sometime when i assemble Lebowski board again.
marcexec

Post by marcexec »

arber333 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:43 pm Hah! That figures!
I used Lebowski in sensorless and i guess it is way more sensitive. thenk you for that info.
I will test this with HSG and 360Vdc sometime when i assemble Lebowski board again.
+1 on this - I have highlighted that in my how-to: https://endless-sphere.com/sphere/threa ... st-1761565
Leo M

Post by Leo M »

В нашей версии это выглядит так.Конечно хорошо бы , чтоб тема работала еще и с датчиками холла. Весьма хороший вариант для байков с китайскими моторами типа QS. Ну и универсальность применения опять же. Многие просили Еханеса сотворить схему под датчики холла, но он к сожалению считает это нерентабельным (((
Attachments
IMG_0060.jpeg
Romale

Post by Romale »

Leo M wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:40 am В нашей версии это выглядит так.
Could you add a diagram of the part that is responsible for measuring high voltage? And what are its voltage limits?
Thanks
Leo M

Post by Leo M »

пишите нам в телегу решим вопрос. по напряжению.. да любые пределы, в зависимости от нужды. в данном варианте до 300в.
Romale

Post by Romale »

Leo M wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:18 am пишите нам в телегу решим вопрос. по напряжению.. да любые пределы, в зависимости от нужды. в данном варианте до 300в.
what prevents you from drawing this diagram here? she would be useful to many.
arber333

Post by arber333 »

Leo M wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:18 am пишите нам в телегу решим вопрос. по напряжению.. да любые пределы, в зависимости от нужды. в данном варианте до 300в.
Have you considered RLS converter. A single polarized magnet mounted on axle with sensor plate behind it. They make several flavours; simulated UVW, resolver, ABZ...
https://www.rls.si/eng/rmb28-rmf44-rmf58

I use this same sensor with Lebowski controler and output is UVW commutation signals. Works really well in my 1.7T Peugeot 406Coupe.
Leo M

Post by Leo M »

ACPL-C87at схема в даташите.
Romale

Post by Romale »

Leo M wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:25 am ACPL-C87at схема в даташите.
Thank you
slociviccoupe

Post by slociviccoupe »

Since some of you seem to know honda inverters. What about the "dumb" inverters from the insight, civic hch1, accord, and the crz. They have logic level inputs for each phase high/low, built in power supply and gate drivers, serial data out for voltage and igbt temp.
They have external phase current sensors.

I have a v3 main bord and would like to run the honda igbt but have few questions. Seems the pwm output of the phase signals are 3vdc, my igbt takes 5vdc logic level inputs. Just use a logic level shift breakout board?

The circuit for the contactor. Pre charge , ect, can they drive those 12vdc directly or does it need a circuit to drive those?

I am trying to replace the mcm that is the limiting factor on the crz with an open inverter main board and keeping the car hybrid.