Tesla SMU (Qty 2) Bay Area, CA USA

Buy and sell
amzoo

Tesla SMU (Qty 2) Bay Area, CA USA

Post by amzoo »

After working on my tesla project for years, I had some life changes, a rainstorm, and lots of things happen out of my control that means I have to scrap the project and potentially start again sometime in the future. Life goes on.

I'd like the two Tesla SMU that I have to go to someone that can use them instead of sending them to a scrap yard. The rear (2016 Model X) has the openinverter board already installed and was tested to work last it was powered on. The front (2016-2018 Model S) is sealed and I have the openinverter board ready to swap in.

I'm strongly considering selling the rear motor with the full subframe, brakes, control arms, drive shafts. Essentially everything that would be considered in a subframe complete drop. Otherwise all those parts are going to the metal recycling center.

Not looking to make a profit on these, $800/ea. I'm located in the Bay Area, CA USA and would help load them into the back of a truck for anyone local. Willing to put them on a pallet to ship if you cover the costs.

Many thanks to anyone reading and hope I can help someone else get their project going!
claverjoe

Re: Tesla SMU (Qty 2) Bay Area, CA USA

Post by claverjoe »

Wait, as small motor unit/small drive unit? I'm in LA but a student of mine who lives in the area might be able to fit it into his car on the way back.
amzoo

Post by amzoo »

claverjoe wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:07 am Wait, as small motor unit/small drive unit? I'm in LA but a student of mine who lives in the area might be able to fit it into his car on the way back.
Yes, small drive units. DM sent
alexbeatle

Post by alexbeatle »

DM-ed you.