Base vs. Performance model

Topics concerning the Tesla front and rear drive unit drop-in board
RobCote

Base vs. Performance model

Post by RobCote »

Hi,

This may be a bit of a silly question, but I haven't seen it explicitly stated anywhere and I want to be sure. I know there ARE differences between the Tesla base and performance models, but what about with respect to the open inverter board? Can it control either version? I've also read that the output power can be increased over OEM limits by utilizing the open inverter board with the SDU and LDU, to something like 300 and 500hp, respectively. Are those figures for base motors, or performance models? If base, do we have estimates for maximum power for performance drive units?

Just trying to get all my ducks aligned before I acquire parts. I need a lot of power.
Bratitude

Re: Base vs. Performance model

Post by Bratitude »

The only difference is the IGBTs. They are just rated for more in the performance units.

Regarding the oi board, the power you make will be based off of the parameters you setup. batteries play a huge factor in this as well as how much voltage sagg they exhibit under heavy loads.

John volk got some good power with a base unit.
https://bratindustries.net/ leaf motor couplers, adapter plates, custom drive train components