Recommend an AC onboard charger for 2023

Introduction and miscellaneous that we haven't created categories for, yet
xp677

Recommend an AC onboard charger for 2023

Post by xp677 »

Hi all, I'm looking at starting another EV project, I have a full set of components ready to go, however the 48A (2 module)Tesla Gen3 charger which I previously purchased for a project has an issue - of of the resistors near the AC inlet blows off each of the two modules whenever AC is connected.

I've tried replacing this resistor but the problem persists, and the charger does not recognise an AC input.

I've not found any solutions to this issue online, and the modules themselves appear to be hard to test as there are no visible traces.

With that in mind, I'm after a simple, cost effective, OEM AC charger. I'm not too fussed about implementing any form of fast charging at this time. Back when I was specifying EV parts, the only options were really Tesla and Chevrolet Volt units. But with so many EV's now on the market, I feel that the number of options for onboard charger has expanded.

Any recommendations?

Also if anyone has insight into the issue with my Tesla unit (or wants more info on the issue), then let me know!
arber333

Re: Recommend an AC onboard charger for 2023

Post by arber333 »

I have 2 eltek 3kw chargers - 6kw for 2 phase use.
See here: viewtopic.php?p=50353#p50353
PM me if you are interested.