OVERCURRENT error Yaris/Auris small board V1d

Topics concerning the Toyota and Lexus inverter drop in boards
Dennad

OVERCURRENT error Yaris/Auris small board V1d

Post by Dennad »

I have a problem with the Yaris/Auris inverter board version: small board V1 d. When I turn on the power and try to start I get an overcurrent error message. The inverter does not start in manual mode. If you repeatedly press the physical start button, the board starts with an overcurrent error, but there is no PWM. The current sensors are read correctly. I think the problem is MG2_FAULT. On this pin is stm32 + 5V. However, if you don't connect the 50-pin IGBT connector, there is 0 V, but this error still appears. After many attempts, I managed to briefly start the inverter and get the pwm, but the overcurrent error appeared again. The board is recognized as Rev2, is that correct? Question #2 - what logical level of MG2_FAULT should be on the stm32 pin for proper operation? Please help me.
Dennad

Re: OVERCURRENT error Yaris/Auris small board V1d

Post by Dennad »

I have sorted out this problem. The OVER CURRENT error was caused by a high level on the pwm inhibit pin (PB12). It receives +5V from the inverter. As a temporary solution, I soldered R82 and R59, thereby breaking the chain between the IGBT connector and stm32. Despite this, the OVERCURRENT error did not disappear and the reason was that the stm32 pin did not work correctly when setting up FLT. I set the pull down mode and the error disappeared, the board worked without errors.