Inverter polarity help needed

Topics concerning the Toyota and Lexus inverter drop in boards
robertwa

Inverter polarity help needed

Post by robertwa »

Is there an easy way to tell the correct high voltage polarity on a Lexus inverter? I noticed that the GS450H is opposite to the GS300H (referencing Damien's videos).

Mine is a LS600H inverter (PN G9200-50011). It has the same low voltage connector pinout to the LS300H, and the MG1 and MG2 high voltage wiring is similar to the LS300H (opposite sides of the inverter to the GS450H).

Can I cause damage by connecting it the wrong way?

Thanks for any and all help.
Attachments
image.png
Building: 1964 International Scout 80. LS600H transmission with zombieinverter, B250e battery pack
robertwa

Re: Inverter polarity help needed [SOLVED]

Post by robertwa »

Thanks to @TheEvilGenius in another thread, I got the answer I needed. The bus bars are accessible from rubber bungs on the opposite side of the inverter to the OEM power connector. It's also shown here in this snip extracted from the DOE whitepaper

image.png
Attachments
image.png
image.png (136.62 KiB) Viewed 354 times
Building: 1964 International Scout 80. LS600H transmission with zombieinverter, B250e battery pack
johu
Site Admin

Re: Inverter polarity help needed

Post by johu »

You can also put your multimeter in diode mode. The polarity that measures some constant voltage, around 0.3-0.7V is the WRONG polarity (you're measuring the anti-parallel diodes of the IGBT bridge)
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9