IPace Front Motor Hacking

Jaguar / Landrover hardware hacking
nkiernan

Re: IPace Front Motor Hacking

Post by nkiernan »

I know there have been a lot of other projects on the go so the big cat project has been on the back burner. In the last video there looked like good progress on the inverter reverse engineering and the next step might have been some test drop in boards. Wanted to check if there were any test boards in the end or if the new Zombieverter has any relevance to these? (I'm presuming the project got paused just before this)

I've been looking back at the I-pace motors vs the Tesla Model 3 front and rear motors, as the I-Pace size and shape fit where Tesla won't. From what I'm seeing though, it looks like limited slip diff function is achieved through the brakes and there isn't a LSD option in or for the I-Pace setup, which makes them a less use for 4x4. Wondering if anyone can confirm if they've played with one? The concentric gear/motor design gives only a basic diff function.

Also wondered if its known if the front and rear inverters are the same, and if there was a drop in board, the same board would suit both? I know this thread is for the front, but seems the front and rear might be the same?
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

I have no information on the rear. Project is not dead but on pause due to impending house move etc. I have fully reverse engineered the oem inverter board so its just a design and test stage remaining.
I'm going to need a hacksaw
nkiernan

Post by nkiernan »

Jack Bauer wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:41 am I have no information on the rear. Project is not dead but on pause due to impending house move etc. I have fully reverse engineered the oem inverter board so its just a design and test stage remaining.
Thank you for the update