Minimum Leaf Battery Voltage

Nissan Leaf/e-NV200 drive stack topics
masterpo88

Minimum Leaf Battery Voltage

Post by masterpo88 »

I have the leaf adapter board connected to the leaf inverter and am trying to run everything off 12V. I see the low side IGBTs working but the high side IGBTs don't seem to be switching. My fet breadboard high side switches working with a 12 V as the main supply. Do I need a higher voltage for the main supply for the IGBTs
doobedoobedo

Re: Minimum Leaf Battery Voltage

Post by doobedoobedo »

What do you have udcmin set to? My leaf motor will run on 12V if udcmin is set to 10V.
masterpo88

Post by masterpo88 »

I am using the Leaf Inverter as a 60Hz generator. I am using 2 of the three IGBT modules as an H-Bridge. The high side drives are 16kHz PWMs and the LOW side drives are at 60Hz. I can see that the drive signals are completing their path thru the optocouplers on the IGBT driver boards by the driving waveforms. It seems that there must be some safety circuits on the inverter that prevent driving if the voltage is too low. The leaf adapter board only supplies 12V to the IGBT driver baord. I don't see how I could set the udcmin value in my system.
masterpo88

Post by masterpo88 »

The inverter is now working at 12VDC.....I just needed to connect the load to the proper phases. I'm using phases 2 and 3 since the current sensors are on those phases from the pwm point of view. There is an isolation transformer connected between the phases to provide inductance and to isolated the AC line.