R32 Skyline with Tesla Drivetrain

Tell us about the project you do with the open inverter
Kevin Sharpe

R32 Skyline with Tesla Drivetrain

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

Some background on the car... built by Zero EV (here) using their commercial version of the open source inverter controller developed by Damien and Johannes 8-)

IMG_1999.JPG
This is a personal post and I disclaim all responsibility for any loss or damage which any person may suffer from reliance on the information and material in this post or any opinion, conclusion or recommendation in the information and material.
Kevin Sharpe

Re: R32 Skyline with Tesla Drivetrain

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

Here's what happened when we let Damien behind the wheel for the first time :D

This is a personal post and I disclaim all responsibility for any loss or damage which any person may suffer from reliance on the information and material in this post or any opinion, conclusion or recommendation in the information and material.
Zeroev

Post by Zeroev »

Some more information about the build has moved a long way since the donuts in the yard 😂 https://www.monsterenergy.com/news/elec ... ev-skyline
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

Zeroev wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:23 pm Some more information about the build has moved a long way since the donuts in the yard 😂
Love what you're doing Chris, especially the commercial versions of the inverter controller, displays, etc. :D

Can you post some links to the press that you've received for the Skyline? I'm sure readers would be interested in just how much exposure your projects have received 8-)
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

Yes, great read that article. And a great pleasure to be part of it :)
I wonder if we could slip "openinverter" into one of these articles or videos 8-)
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

Burning rubber in the Tesla skyline r32 electric car

Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

At least I didn't crash that one into the wall :)
I'm going to need a hacksaw
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

450bhp Electric Nissan Skyline

Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

Terry Grant (Professional stunt driver & multi Guinness World Record holder) was driving the car at Goodwood Festival of Speed this weekend 8-)

D-sxvE2XUAATN5D.jpg
D-sxvEWXsAA5faN.jpg
D-sxvEXXkAAhh3r.jpg
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

Electric ER32 Skyline Goodwood FOS Terry Grant - Zero EV Drift Car

Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

THE TESLINER: ZERO-EV TYRE SLAYING (here)

"Slaying tyres and saving the planet. Not necessarily two things you’d put in the same sentence. However here at Gymkhana GRiD, we are are always looking to the future; and our latest rear-wheel drive entry to the season ending finale on September 7th, is a shining example of low [exhaust] emissions hooning!

Meet the ER32 Tesliner EV. An impressive mix of 90’s Japanese metal, and cutting edge electric powertrain. Specifically, it’s an early 90’s ER32 Nissan Skyline chassis coupled with a Tesla motor and Chevrolet Volt batteries."