BMW E87 2006 with Leaf motor

Tell us about the project you do with the open inverter
damian.lo

Re: BMW E87 2006 with Leaf motor

Post by damian.lo »

Hi,

Like I wrote here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&p=11100#p11100
one of my HV contactor after some troubles with power on sequence have welded contact, so I'm searching new one.
Have someone AEV6505A from Leaf HV box here for sale? Better for me will be to buy the same one because it will be not necessary to modify harness.
Help will be much appreciated :)
arber333

Post by arber333 »

damian.lo wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 6:58 pm Hi,

Like I wrote here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&p=11100#p11100
one of my HV contactor after some troubles with power on sequence have welded contact, so I'm searching new one.
Have someone AEV6505A from Leaf HV box here for sale? Better for me will be to buy the same one because it will be not necessary to modify harness.
Help will be much appreciated :)
If you welded your main DC contactor I recommend you get EV200 contactor for your main DC breaking point. It is just superior to others. I used it in various EVs and it never let me down. Even if it is used it is still better than others...
For example...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CII-Technolo ... SwUPZbPMcH
damian.lo

Post by damian.lo »

Thanks Arber for reply. I have already one of EV200 at home, but first I tried to use "original" :) because I had two for + and - lines.
Like You see, now left one so I will need to use this one.
Main question is: why out_pre and out_dcsw are LOW without applying 12V to supply inverter. That means if I use 12V applied to relays and another 12V disconnected from inverter supply, both outputs are low, so both realys are CLOSED
For now I see only one solution: use one 12V line for inverter supply and realys coils.
arber333

Post by arber333 »

I think you mean open collector output when you switch ON NPN transistor to pull 12v through your contactor(load) towards GND. With ev200 you may see chattering if you connect it directly. Its because economiser uses push pull transistor pair... Anyways it is not a good idea to connect it directly since it can grab 3A at start.
I normally use NPNs on main board to switch two small relays which in turn can translate any load either in direction to GND or 12v.

Edit: you may have turned contactor the wrong way. + pole is marked on one contact usually. That could cause sticky contacts.
damian.lo

Post by damian.lo »

I'm using also small relays to have bigger load possibility for contarctors coils.
Yes, open collector outputs on v3 board+leaf inverter board without applying 12V to inverter. With no power both outputs are open to GND, so if I have 12V on second leg of coil, both are closed until I apply 12V to inverter. This time everything works well, means precharge 5s and then main contactor.
damian.lo

Post by damian.lo »

Hello again,

I had a little stress last weeks, because before visit of inspector to look at my conversion I had to prepare all of the documentation, schematics and then wait until he will look at this.
And..., when I tried to charge battery to be prepared for some tests - I had no charging at all :)
From Orion BMS signal was ok - charge but then somewhere was missed. Unfortunatelly CAN#1 was used to communicate with PC and second CAN from BMW was connected to Eltek charger and DCDC so not all traffic was wisible thru #1 to #2. After 2 days of investigation and when I clicks a little to charger with wrench :) I saw one traffic line with sniffer so next step was to kill or replace charger ;)
And probably someone in Eltek had too much force in hands - look at CANbus cable. Second thing - connector from this cable is really delicate and not for 100% grips to board. Better was use hot glue to be sure.
IMG_2821.JPG
For small un-stress job I did small cover on 3D printer for (+). I never know if some small element will stress me again and touch (-)
IMG_2823.JPG
IMG_2824.JPG