Upload failed? get spinning wheel.

joromy

Upload failed? get spinning wheel.

Post by joromy »

Had a old version of the sine firmware (4.12) and decided to upgrade to newest.
Started upload in web interface, show U/L finished, almost immediate, and then the u/l started, but no progress.

Now I only get spinning wheels in the web interface, so no serial communication, I guess.

Is there a way around this, or do I have to disassemble the Inverter :?
The ESP module is outside the inverter, and easy to unplug.

Off course I parked all the way in the garage, and almost impossible to get to the inverter.

Have not tried to start the truck, if the firmware is corrupted it may not be a good idea?

Edit:
Don't get any can messages either.
Thomas A. Edison “I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"
arber333

Re: Upload failed? get spinning wheel.

Post by arber333 »

Hm... i got this often with older firmware Olimex.
Usually with older code you need to get to the chip and press reset button after you hit wifi update.

Such as is the case now i take the chip out and program it on desk with this procedure....
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6

EDIT: Maybe you will have less trouble in future if you just have a spare chip and program it with latest FW. Then just replace chips inside inverter :).
joromy

Post by joromy »

Thanks, was afraid you would say this....
The inverter is not easy to remove, and it's a mess with coolant running out.

I will be afraid to do the firmware update in the future. Or is the newer version more stable?

If there is a chance this will happen again, I could mount a external reset?
Or is it better to have a external 4 pin program plug. And not using the wifi for firmware upgrade.

Removing chip is not so easy: ;)
Thomas A. Edison “I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"
arber333

Post by arber333 »

Oh yes... :? Why is your card not located in accessible place? I think your setup is really good. Do you have it inside inverter?.

I think external reset is safest thing. But you will have to be fast or right there when you program it. Maybe setup both, external reset and TX RX wires on the outside. Your large connector, does it have free pins available...

Hm... I will try to update my on desk board. I will let you know how it goes...

A
joromy

Post by joromy »

Yes it's very inside....
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=186#p2349

So I really want to avoid this in the future.

I have the RX TX outside, and the wifi module. I guess you mean SWDIO and SWCLK?

This is going off the Source Code topic, please continue, where you find it appropriate.
arber333

Post by arber333 »

joromy wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:25 pm So I really want to avoid this in the future.
Well i tested with one old Olimex with 4.21 code on it. However i used Weimos D1 with Dima interface loaded. Beautifull!

Second i tested Olimex ESP where i expected to have some problems. BUT no problem uploading latest FOC code on latest SINE code!
I used latest Johannes ESP interface with this.
So for future use i think the problem would lie in updating your Wifi module to latest spiffs.
See some screen grabs...
Attachments
Update Olimex.jpg
Update D1.jpg
joromy

Post by joromy »