HSG - Hyundai/Kia

Dylan Witt

Re: HSG - Hyundai/Kia

Post by Dylan Witt »

i have not found a sprocket to fit it yet, i do how ever own a metal lathe to make an adapter to fit a sprocket. i have a 5hp diesel engine. was suppose to be a 10hp but the ebay seller said they sent the wrong one. so im going to try this 5hp
head2wind

Post by head2wind »

Hello all,
I am considering one of the HEV/HSG motors for a motorcycle build, but I am having troubles finding any for sale.
I must be missing the key words or special search methods... Are there any live references for units for sale?
zilion

Post by zilion »

head2wind wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:14 am Hello all,
I am considering one of the HEV/HSG motors for a motorcycle build, but I am having troubles finding any for sale.
I must be missing the key words or special search methods... Are there any live references for units for sale?
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=hy ... +generator
I smell lithium in the air. It's not lithium, it's glycolium.
Dylan Witt

Post by Dylan Witt »

Bratitude wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:53 am
Dylan Witt wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:19 am so im using one of these as a generator for my electric mazda rx8 project. im only needing 80 amps and 265 volts
What are you going to drive it with?

I’ve been looking for a sprocket that would fit onto the shaft, no luck so far as it’s 22mm diameter shaft with a 4mm width woodruff notch. the standard for a 22mm shaft is a 6mm width notch.
Bratitude

Post by Bratitude »

Dylan Witt wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:23 pm
nice. But what did you do for the hsg shaft? Just turn down and weld a sprocket on the original pulley?

I haven’t found a keyed pully or hub with the same diameter and keyway
https://bratindustries.net/ leaf couplers + adapter plates
Dylan Witt

Post by Dylan Witt »

i cut the third to last vbelt pulley off, that left the flat metal on the pulley that i then welded the sprocket onto, of course centering the sprocket onto the pulley before welding was tricky, out of all things i used electrical tape to fill the gap between the shaft and sprocket, that then allowed me to spot weld the sprocket onto the pulley.