Toyota/Lexus GS300h CVT
NOTE : This motor is as of yet untested in a real world application.
General overview :
The L210 is a continuously variable transmission (CVT) which can be found in the Lexus gs300h. It is very similar in design to the GS450h CVT. It contains two motor-generators - MG1 and MG2. When used as originally intended, MG1 is spun by the ICE, via a planetary gear system, and acts primarily as a generator. MG1 also acts as a starter motor for the ICE. MG2 is connected to the output shaft via a second planetary gear system to provide traction directly to the rear wheels.
The ratio between MG1 and the output shaft is 2.6:1. The ratio between MG2 and the output shaft is 3.333:1.
The official power output of the CVT is 105kW and 300Nm of torque, but this has yet to be tested.
For use in a pure EV application, the ICE input shaft can be locked stationary with a plate or bar. This allows traction to be provided by both MG1 and MG2.
Part numbers include 30920-30030. The CVT can be found in the Lexus GS300h, Lexus IS300h, Lexus RC300h and Toyota Crown Hybrid(G9200-30131). The matching inverter is part number G9200-30132, which is a Gen 3 inverter.
Bellhousing diameter =400 mm ,
Length bellhousing face to drive flange face 720mm
Diameter main body 330mm front to 250 rear
Tailshaft length 210mm
One key difference between the L210 (gs300h) and the L110 (gs450h) is that the L210 only has an internal oil pump.
On the L210 the internal oil pump is driven by both the ICE and/or the rotation of MG2. So, even when you lock the ICE input shaft to allow MG1 to provide traction, MG2 will still drive the oil pump whenever the car moves. Since there are no gears/speeds in this CVT (and hence no clutch packs, etc.), the oil is only required for cooling and lubricating the bearings.
The connector for this inverter is available from Toyota dealers. The part numbers you need are:
- Plug: 90980-129922 (approximately 20 euros)
- Seals to plug unused connections: 90980-09871
- Terminal 1: 82998-24250
- Terminal 2: 82998-12790
- Terminal 3: 82998-24420
- Alternative Source for the Connectors on Aliexpress:  and 
Inverter/trans pair can be controlled by OI Zombieverter VCU Here ZombieVerter VCU
Left hand side
- MG1 3-phase power connection
- MG1 resolver (and temperature) port
- MG2 resolver (and temperature) port
Right hand side
- Input/output from/to oil cooler radiator
- Mechanical shifter and shift sensor port
- Ground strap
- MG2 3-phase power connection
Sumitomo 6189-1240 8-WAY
Motor side connection
1 2 3 4
White Red Yellow White ( colours inside motor )
TMP1 CS SN RF
TMP2 CSG SNG RFG
White Black Blue Green ( colours inside motor )
5 6 7 8
For connections to inverter, MG1 connections have prefix G... MG2 have prefix M...
But check for yourself as per Damien's tuning video
part number: 89451-30010
Connector: SUMITOMO 90980-12362
Position 1 being the sprung return and 5 being park
Pin 3 is common, you can see there is a direct connection to
a pin for each position and a secondary connection to either 2,5,9
this could be used as an error check
Bolt pattern: About 100mm from hole to hole (~58mm radius) (compared to GS450H's 91mm (or 52.5mm radius)).
ICE input shaft coupling
23mm shaft diameter , 21 spline
OEM numbers : Daihatsu 31250-14090; Lexus 31250-14010; Toyota 31250-12040;
Confirmed that Blueprint ADT33102, ADT33127  clutch plate or equivalent is a good fit.
- https://slideplayer.com/slide/14432904/ (Backup: Web Archive)
- https://lexus.pressroom.com.au/press_kit_detail.asp?kitID=336&clientID=3&navSectionID=6 (Backup: Web Archive)
- Forum Source: https://openinverter.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=43421#p43421
- Forum Reference: https://openinverter.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=43428#p43428
- Forum Reference: https://openinverter.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=44467#p44467
- https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000661144498.html (Backup: Web Archive)
- https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002101704091.html (Backup: Web Archive)
- Forum Source: https://openinverter.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=949&start=125
- Forum Source: https://openinverter.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=43211#p43211