Welcome to the openinverter.org Wiki Site.
Everyone registered at the forum can login here with the same username and password and can make changes.
The open inverter project consists of some reference designs for the control hardware using an STM32F103, the inverter firmware, and an easy to use web interface. Other hardware variants include drop in boards for Tesla small and large drive units.
If you have received a kit you are probably looking for build instructions.
If you want to tune your inverter check the parameter description.
- Common Inverter FAQ - questions common to all hardware variants
- Tesla Inverter FAQ - questions regarding Tesla Large Drive Units and Small Drive Units
Open Inverter Hardware
- Main Board Version 3
- Main Board Version 2
- Main Board Version 1
- Sense Boards
- Gate Driver
- 4-cell BMS
- Hardware Theory of Operation
- Legacy Sensor Board
Open Inverter Software
- Software Theory of Operation
- CAN communication
- Web Interface
- Configuration Files
- Battery Charging
Open Inverter Kits
- Using FOC Software
- Schematics and Instructions - for the "vanilla" inverter kit.
- Nissan Leaf Gen2 Board
- Toyota Prius Gen2 Board
- Toyota Prius Gen3 Board
- Lexus GS450h Inverter
Open Inverter CAN std.
Open Inverter Tesla Boards
- Schematics, pcb layouts, BOMs and Gerber files
- Where to buy
- Support forum
- Trouble Shooting
- Tesla setup FAQ
Ford Ranger TIM inverter
- Schematics and connector pinout
- Modifications to original wiring
- Hardware installation
- Where to buy
- Nissan Leaf BMS
- Tesla Model S/X Charger
- Tesla Model S/X Small Front Drive Unit ("SDU")
- Tesla Model S/X Small Rear Drive Unit ("SDU")
- Tesla Model S/X Large Rear Drive Unit ("LDU")
- Tesla Model 3 Battery
- Tesla Model 3 Charger/DCDC ("PCS")
- Tesla Model 3 Front Drive Unit
- Tesla Model 3 Rear Drive Unit
- Tesla CAD Models