A community that converts cars to electric

EV and openinverter related news
Kevin Sharpe

A community that converts cars to electric

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

Coders 4 Climate - "Do you dream of converting a combustion car into electric? It doesn’t have to be a dream. We talk to Kevin Sharpe of New Electric Ireland"

https://coders4climatestrike.com/2020/0 ... ctric.html
This is a personal post and I disclaim all responsibility for any loss or damage which any person may suffer from reliance on the information and material in this post or any opinion, conclusion or recommendation in the information and material.
RetroZero

Re: A community that converts cars to electric

Post by RetroZero »

Nice one Kevin.
roundcrisis

Post by roundcrisis »

:D :D :D
I was the one interviewing Kevin, if you have any feedback, etc let me know
MattsAwesomeStuff

Post by MattsAwesomeStuff »

I found the article to be extraordinarily well written. Refreshingly so for the current state of journalism.
PacEmaker

Post by PacEmaker »

Excellent interview/article - I'll be sharing this with lots of people who are just starting to think about electric cars but don't have the cash for a new car. Thanks guys!
Geoff

Is this smoke trying to tell me something ... :twisted:
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

Coders 4 Climate - "Damien is an electrical engineer also known as the BMW EV conversion person. He has been converting cars to electric for over 10 years."

https://coders4climatestrike.com/2020/0 ... rview.html
This is a personal post and I disclaim all responsibility for any loss or damage which any person may suffer from reliance on the information and material in this post or any opinion, conclusion or recommendation in the information and material.
TFirenza

Post by TFirenza »

Great article, I love the general ethos especially if it builds peoples confidence that a layperson can approach conversion I certainly started from that position.
Edwardmatthew

Post by Edwardmatthew »

Great Article!
RetroZero

Post by RetroZero »

I see new electric has been rolling out some new builds, but Kevin is nowhere to be seen. Anyone know how to contact him? His details from 2020 are no more correct.
MattsAwesomeStuff

Post by MattsAwesomeStuff »

RetroZero wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:23 amI see new electric has been rolling out some new builds, but Kevin is nowhere to be seen. Anyone know how to contact him? His details from 2020 are no more correct.
It's difficult to comment when mention of such, even just questions, ends in posts being deleted and threads being locked.

[Edited to add]This wasn't really a fair summary. While admins have temporarily deleted people's posts, they then approached them with the choice of reinstating it, which some (me) opted to not do to go along with it. This was done to maintain civility on a tempermental topic or two. Other topics have been locked, seemingly to discourage contentious things. There's no aggressive censorship, and to clarify, it's not because someone didn't like an opinion or anything like that, just people doing their best to keep things from getting ugly.[/Edit]

I only know a couple details, maybe 20% of the picture, but, Kevin had a quite bad falling out with the community here and appears to have been deliberately non-communicative with it ever since. I've reached out in a few venues, as I have no bad blood with him, but gotten nothing. I imagine this is by choice.
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

Maybe Anne from New Electric Amsterdam has answers. Strange things happened back then and I have no idea what Kevin is up to these days.
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9