Rev2 No PWM  [SOLVED]

Stephen Darbey

Rev2 No PWM

Post by Stephen Darbey »

Hi There.

I have a rev2 pcb built and all functionality looks fine. The web interface all works as advertised now thanks to a new STM32 module that I replaced.

I still measure no PWM on any of the gate inputs. I do get a 5V Vcc and a 3.3V where one of the PWM signals should be displayed. The 3.3v is displayed immediately when I start the inverter ( Start 2 ) and stops immediately when halt the inverter. The other PWM signal looks like ground. ?

I have ordered some new components for the main board but I don't have them yet. Thank God I socketed them initially.

Anyone got any ideas ( Brilliant or silly will be appreciated )

SDev
SDev
yaroslav

Re: Rev2 No PWM

Post by yaroslav »

Hi!

Can you upload settings from the web interface here?
Stephen Darbey

Post by Stephen Darbey »

Yes if you wish, but there is just the default settings with the usual for manual operation of inverter.

Thanks for quick reply.
SDev
Stephen Darbey

Post by Stephen Darbey »

OIconfig.pdf
(283.66 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Hi again

Here is my config. There is no power section yet. I just need to get to the PWM stage. The settings are pretty much default with current sensors calibrated
SDev
johu
Site Admin

Re: Rev2 No PWM  [SOLVED]

Post by johu »

Why are all your digital inputs high? Forward=Reverse means neutral, as displayed by "dir". Neutral means no PWM.

Check if RN2 is mounted the right way around -> dot on resistor net pointing towards PWM header
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
Stephen Darbey

Post by Stephen Darbey »

Scopesignal.jpg
Hey Johannes.
Consider yourself a legend (in my book anyway). The Resistor network RN2 was reversed. The really annoying thing about this is that I checked all components except the ones I thought weren't necessary, for dry joints and shorts etc at least three times. After swapping this around I powered up and did nothing else. It even now shows FORWARDS in the spot values. I will award myself a serious flogging.

You on the other hand are now officially entitled to loan of my bike and free pass to a pub of your choice, if ever come to Ireland.

Thank you again. I can now continue onward and upwards.

Regards
SDev
SDev
Stephen Darbey

Post by Stephen Darbey »

Yes very fitting on this occasion that the image is upside down
SDev
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

Haha, well great it works now :) Will let you know when I come to Ireland.
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
aravinth

Post by aravinth »

Hello Everyone, I'm trying to run olimex board in manual mode with no success. Always hitting over current error.
My setup is Olimex on DOT PCB with pins broken out for manual mode operation.
I have connected throttle1, il1, il2, motor temp, tmphs to 5 x 10k potentiometers.
And I've connected the start, EMCYstop, Forward, Mprot to respective vcc and gnd as well, I'll attach a pdf of web interface.
And I set ampnom and fslipspnt to 1.
But the ampnom slowly rises to 9.53 automatically.
and I would also like to mention that I tried to run bluepill in manual mode and I worked smoothly and even run a small 3 phase washing machine motor.

I'm aware that sensor boards needs to be connected with the board, otherwise overcurrent error will occur. I don't have sensor boards, so I gave inputs to those pins via potentiometers to vary the values. What am I doing wrong... bluepill seems to be working fine on its own without any sense boards.
Anyone please help me out with this
Attachments
Huebner Inverter Management Console.PDF
(715.92 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
Stephen Darbey

Post by Stephen Darbey »

Hi There

just reading this now so apologies for delay. I would start again with first checking the Pin layout for 11, 13 17 on the main board are tied high. Don't forget they are not set as pin 1,2,3,4 etc, but rather 2,1,4,3 etc. See wiki. Set Inverter to default settings. When you have established that the correct pins are tied high ( temporarily ), Start inverter in manual mode with all default settings, Disconnect any sense pcb's for the present, but connect gate drivers if you have them. You should see a digital pulse of some sort with a scope or probe of some kind. Ampnom and Fslipspnt should be set to one.
The matter of the changing ampnom is a bit weird to say the least. I would update web interface just to be safe.

Hope this helps
Stephen
SDev