Isabellenhütte IVT-S shunts available

Buy and sell
jnsaff

Isabellenhütte IVT-S shunts available

Post by jnsaff »

I ordered the Isabellenhütte IVT-S shunts directly from the manufacturer. Got a much better pricing and have a few of them available if there is interest. Won't post the price publicly so PM me if you are interested.

https://www.isabellenhuette.de/en/preci ... vt-series/
Kevin Sharpe

Re: Isabellenhütte IVT-S shunts available

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

jnsaff wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:22 pm I ordered the Isabellenhütte IVT-S shunts directly from the manufacturer.
Many thanks for organising this, I posted to the course WhatsApp groups and it generated a lot of interest :D
This is a personal post and I disclaim all responsibility for any loss or damage which any person may suffer from reliance on the information and material in this post or any opinion, conclusion or recommendation in the information and material.
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Jaanus, I can't see a PM/DM option, this may be because I'm quite new to OpenInverter forum.

Would you be so kind as to initiate a PM with me, please?
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

Speedy wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:56 pm Jaanus, I can't see a PM/DM option, this may be because I'm quite new to OpenInverter forum.

Would you be so kind as to initiate a PM with me, please?
iirc you have to post before you can PM :)
This is a personal post and I disclaim all responsibility for any loss or damage which any person may suffer from reliance on the information and material in this post or any opinion, conclusion or recommendation in the information and material.
EVPanda

Post by EVPanda »

Is this the shunt used in The SuperYacht BMW? If so id be interested in one.
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

EVPanda wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:13 pm Is this the shunt used in The SuperYacht BMW? If so id be interested in one.
Currently installed in BEXUS (aka SuperYacht), Grey Goose, and ICE Breaker. Will be standard fit in all our cars going forward because it has some very advanced features at an incredible price point :D
jnsaff

Post by jnsaff »

Has anyone here got the DBC file for them? There is only mention of it being available but no reference where.

If no one knows then I’ll ask them tomorrow.
jnsaff

Post by jnsaff »

Updates on the shunts. The 1000A shunts are all gone now. There has been interest in getting more of those so should I get total interest for about 8 more of them I will put in an order (they come in lots of 12).

Meanwhile I have managed to source new and unused but an older model of the 500A continuous (730A 5min, 860A 30s, 1000A 10s, 2700A 1s, 6000A 200ms) rated shunts. Hit me in private for the pricing. Exact model IVT-500-U3-TOI-CAN2-12.

Also I am trying out something new. I have added 5% to the prices that I will send as direct donations split evenly between johu and Jack Bauer.

Please let me know if you don't want to do that and I will knock it off the cost. Noone will be judged.
IMG_3890.jpg
IMG_3891.jpg
IMG_3892.jpg
ISAscaledatasheet.pdf
(2.27 MiB) Downloaded 143 times
RetroZero

Post by RetroZero »

Thanks again. I suppose if using Gen 2 inverter, the voltage from boost converter to Mg2 will not be monitored by Isa, so 600vdc is well within spec for Dc bus(= hv battery) ?
jnsaff

Post by jnsaff »

I put a new order in for the 1000A shunts, anyone who has not given me their interest in the past few days please let me know if you want one.
muehlpower

Post by muehlpower »

Does this work with tom's simp BMS? Are 1000A correct for a Tesla LDU and a Model3 battery with fast charge?
If so, i would take one!
tom91

Post by tom91 »

muehlpower wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:39 pm Does this work with tom's simp BMS? Are 1000A correct for a Tesla LDU and a Model3 battery with fast charge?
If so, i would take one!
The standard ISA IVT-S canbus messages should work, or atleast the messages from my shunt did.
Founder Volt Influx https://www.voltinflux.com/
RetroZero

Post by RetroZero »

I'll PM you, put me down for 1 - IVT-500-U3-TOI-CAN2-12. Thanks.
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

I've added a wiki for the ISA shunt;

https://openinverter.org/wiki/Main_Page#OEM_Parts
james@N52E01

Post by james@N52E01 »

Just a quickie, My IVT-S just arrived and I’ve rigged it up to DM’s Leaf VCU board running V1.5 firmware.
9D1147B9-12AB-4441-B653-CB5BDAC307CF.jpeg
9D1147B9-12AB-4441-B653-CB5BDAC307CF.jpeg (33.43 KiB) Viewed 3849 times
The board communicates with the ISA Shunt through the ISA.h file. The only version I could find of this file is from EVTV But it had some issues with it:
http://media3.ev-tv.me/ISA.zip
I tried editing the file by replacing “ISA2.h“ with “ISA.h“ Within the code but I might be using the wrong file.

Does anyone have a correct version of ISA.h to work with the IVT-S shunt please?
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

james@N52E01 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:22 pm Does anyone have a correct version of ISA.h to work with the IVT-S shunt please?
Damien kindly sent me the following information recently... I haven't used this myself but suggest as a group of ISA shunt users you pick it up, run with it, and update the wiki :)

From the factory the isa shunt does not output many parameters and not in a format that is readable to the library. It defaults to big endian and the arduino is written in little endian. Fortunately, friend Jack at EVTV took care of that and installed a configuration option in the library. To use the shunt the following steps are required;

1) Load up the demo sketch on a due with a can transciever or any of the VCUs.

2) from the menu choose the initialise option.

3) Reboot and normal data should be pumped out.

ISA.zip
(8.55 MiB) Downloaded 499 times
ISAScaleTest_dm2.ino.zip
(2.51 KiB) Downloaded 436 times
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

james@N52E01 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:22 pm Just a quickie, My IVT-S just arrived and I’ve rigged it up
Some comments on the photo;

(1) you have a red twisted pair cable going to the shunt voltage measurement pins. Can you confirm these wires are shorted together not from different voltages?

(2) It looks like you have a CAN termination resister installed. Is this on the two centre or two outer pins? It's not clear from the photo.

(3) Can you confirm you have the ISA Shunt without internal CAN termination? I don't know what part was supplied to you.

** recommend you test at low voltage and with current limiting resister to begin ;)
james@N52E01

Post by james@N52E01 »

1) yes the voltage measurement wires are twisted just to keep them out of the way but they both go to the same point as per the wiring diagram.
22776059-E24C-4BB7-9D1F-7EF8FD979D32.png
I believe they are internally shorted so I’ve just used 2 for redundancy.

2) The 120R CAN Termination resistor is across pins b & c (the middle 2) which I believe are CANLo and CANHi according to the manual.

3) Yes this is a non-terminated CAN shunt. The model number on the shunt is IVT-S-1K-U3-CAN2-12/24.
The CAN2 means non-terminated according to the manual.
F83F320D-9D17-4EE5-9F7B-063192944C2B.png
Good call on the current limiting resistor, I’ve gone for a 12v bulb.
james@N52E01

Post by james@N52E01 »

Kevin Sharpe wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:37 pm
james@N52E01 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:22 pm Does anyone have a correct version of ISA.h to work with the IVT-S shunt please?
1) Load up the demo sketch on a due with a can transciever or any of the VCUs....

ISA.zip
ISAScaleTest_dm2.ino.zip
Sorry Kevin, I may have stumbled at the first hurdle. To load up the demo sketch - ISAScale_Test_dm2.ino - the script contains the same reference as the VCU code:
#include <ISA.h>

The ISA.h file included in Jack’s ISA.zip opens with these two lines of code:
#ifndef ISA2_h
#define ISA2_h

There is no ISA2.h in Jack’s zip file and I can’t find it anywhere. Fiachra and I have previously gotten around this issue by changing these references to:
#ifndef ISA_h
#define ISA_h
This has allowed us to pass the verification check and flash the VCU code onto the boards. Is this ISA2.h file needed or do we need a different version of ISA.h?
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

james@N52E01 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:31 am Sorry Kevin, I may have stumbled at the first hurdle.
What you really need is some software expertise to work through these issues (renaming files so that the source compiles does not mean it's going to work).

Can anyone who purchased a shunt help get ISAScale_Test_dm2.ino working?
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

The library and demo code I sent Kevin, which he linked above, compiles, loads and works. I have 5 isa shunts in cars working with this now and the last time I had any formal software training we were using wire wrap boards!

#ifndef ISA2_h
What could that mean? hmmm....if ..not...defined.....ISA2_h...

#define ISA2_h
Define it as ...ISA2_h

Its a friggin trick question! in english it would read as "If my name is not Damien, Make my name Damien"
I'm going to need a hacksaw
james@N52E01

Post by james@N52E01 »

Thanks JB, sorry for wasting your time there.

As Kevin say, the demo file loads up and runs fine on the VCU board. A quick look at the code shows that the “i” command through the serial monitor should initialise the shunt.
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Is ISAScale_Test_dm2.ino for a Due board only?

I've got my Isabellenhütte working great with an Uno + cheap CanBUS shield. I will post details on the wiki.
I don't have a Due (yet).
Kevin Sharpe

Post by Kevin Sharpe »

Testing the ISA shunt through the Leaf VCU board with a 12v 5a headlight bulb :)

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=496&p=12457#p12457
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

I've added an article to the wiki with some code that pulls data out of an IVT-S over CAN bus using an Arduino Uno.
https://openinverter.org/wiki/Getting_s ... bus_shield

I'll add something similar for a Due when I have the necessary transceiver...