4-channel BMS with daisychain bus

Topics concerning OEM and open source BMSes
joeflickers

Re: 4-channel BMS with daisychain bus

Post by joeflickers »

LRBen wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:27 pm Solved with the help of Marty.
For others, first board jumper needs to go here
PXL_20220124_222202103.jpg

All other boards need a jumper here
PXL_20220124_222156940.jpg
H Ben ,I managed to flash firmware to the attiny boards,but having a similar problem with communicating to the slave modues,i have been folowing your tuturial picture to no avail..my isolator v2 module is similar to yours the slave boards just blink in a 1-4 sequence
m.art.y

Post by m.art.y »

joeflickers wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:03 am H Ben ,I managed to flash firmware to the attiny boards,but having a similar problem with communicating to the slave modues,i have been folowing your tuturial picture to no avail..my isolator v2 module is similar to yours the slave boards just blink in a 1-4 sequence
There will be no communication until clock is calibrated on the Attiny chips and after that you need to calibrate adc and temp otherwise you will not have correct readings. All info on Johu github, same place where you found the code.
joeflickers

Post by joeflickers »

m.art.y wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:16 pm There will be no communication until clock is calibrated on the Attiny chips and after that you need to calibrate adc and temp otherwise you will not have correct readings. All info on Johu github, same place where you found the code.
thanks for responce..i dont really understand the procedure for calibration.if you can kindly highlight the procedure
joeflickers

Post by joeflickers »

arturk wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:15 am After couple of days of hard work programming and calibrating I was finally able to run first, somewhat successful test with CAN Isolator v2 and 2 Cell Modules v5.2 on 12s test battery pack.

It seems to work however I do not see any values from BMS reported in the "Spot Values" section on WiFi interface, all values show '0' :(
Modules seem to be addressing and communicating, so at this point I would expect to see some real values for Pack Voltage, average
and perhaps individual cells voltages.

I have no prior experience with OpenInerter platform and unified WiFi interface so I could have missed something.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
hi,im stuck in the procudere of calibration with 2khz frequncy..how did you go along with that?
victor_norberg

Post by victor_norberg »

I have gotten a hold of a lot of slaves and two master units.

I have hooked them up like this:

I get no response from the master, it seems to be completely off.

Did I miss wiring up a power supply for the master?

Any help is greatly apprecciated.

best regards,
Attachments
image.png
Building foiling boats in Stockholm. Elcat Electric Car & Other projects.
LRBen

Post by LRBen »

victor_norberg wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:44 am I have gotten a hold of a lot of slaves and two master units.

I have hooked them up like this:

I get no response from the master, it seems to be completely off.

Did I miss wiring up a power supply for the master?

Any help is greatly apprecciated.

best regards,
The master board will need power as well. Couldn't tell you which pins though since it's a earlier variant to the one I had.
I think you will also need a wifi module for the master board if you want to connect to it.