1994 Lotus Esprit S4 conversion cantidate

Buy and sell
espriev

1994 Lotus Esprit S4 conversion cantidate

Post by espriev »

I purchased this in England as an ideal conversion candidate and had a contract for RORO transport to the USA, when it arrived to be loaded on the ship the tow truck driver told the ship loading crew that the brakes stick (they do not, he couldn't figure out how to operate the hand brake!).
They rejected loading it on the ship because of this, and the 10x cost of shipping in a container put this way over budget so now I am screwed.
The exterior and interior are excellent, mechanically sound. This had it's engine removed for rebuild, it went from shop to shop with higher and higher prices until the rebuild was abandoned. The engine is available separately, it is in pieces but overall excellent condition (all it really needed was a valve job!).
This is a RHD car, I do have all the parts (in excellent condition and correct color) to covert to LHD available separately, they would have to ship from the USA.
It is currently located at the docks in Southampton. Transport by tow-truck can be easily arranged to anywhere in the UK or the continent accessible by road.
I have 12K GBP into this, at this point anything I can get to keep this from being a total loss would be good, so make me an offer!
Please message me for more info if interested.
aesthetect

Re: 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 conversion cantidate

Post by aesthetect »

Just stopping in to say, that is painful to hear, sincerest condolences. However, being 12k into it was a great deal at least. Good opportunity for anyone in GB, what a perfect EV donor chassis.
MattsAwesomeStuff

Re: 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 conversion cantidate

Post by MattsAwesomeStuff »

What a pain in the ass.

Can't you just try to ship it again?

Pay for a month's storage in someone's garage before the next boat or whatnot?