Peugeot 306 '98 conversion

Tell us about the project you do with the open inverter
youngpoland

Peugeot 306 '98 conversion

Post by youngpoland »

Hello everyone. I'm starting soon with my first project based on peugeot 306. I got it for free from my friend, that's why such an idea for a base. I want to use an inverter from Toyota Yaris with Small board V1d. As a drive I want to use rear drive from Outlander. The battery will come from the i-miev. The vacuum and power steering pump comes from Opel. I'm going to connect the electric motor to the original gearbox. Earlier, I wanted to use the drive from Toyota Yais, but this Peugeot model has a speed measurement not from abs but from a mechanical sensor in the gearbox. My version of the Peugeot also has air conditioning, so at a later stage I want to use the air conditioning compressor from the Outlander. The project is to be a science of conversion and is to serve as a daily car charged from my off-grid installation that powers my house.
I want to divide the battery so as to load the car evenly and place some of the cells in the place where the fuel tank was and the rest under the hood to match the weight of the old internal combustion engine.

The photos show the items I have already collected.
johu
Site Admin

Re: Peugeot 306 '98 conversion

Post by johu »

Great, loving budget conversions!
For images, now that your account it approved you can upload them directly to your post. External images have a tendency to disappear.
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
youngpoland

Post by youngpoland »

I understand, I will try to follow your advice. I will probably have a lot of questions, but for now I am waiting for the jlcpcb boards are already produced, I am just waiting for the shipment. I have already managed to program the ESP8266.
I have such a walking question about connecting the resolver to this board. I saw on the wiki describe the connectors but there are two pins for sin, cos and exciter. How should I connect them to the mg2 inputs in the inverter?
celeron55

Post by celeron55 »

I have hard time believing a 1998 Peugeot has its speedo mechanically driven from the gearbox. Surely it's an electronic sensor? It's not difficult to generate such a signal if you wish to replace the gearbox. Replacing it can make sense from a noise and efficiency standpoint.
arber333

Post by arber333 »

Why not use outlander inverter with motor? Easier to work with charger as well. Also heater and ac compressor.

@celeron55 my pug 406c has mechanical speedo as well.

@youngpoland
I bet your car uses the same Xantia BSM as mine or very similar...
I made alternative signal converter on RH driveshaft which tells rpm to arduino and it converts this to speedo talk. Now that would not be neccessary with outlander inverter which reports motor rpm on CAN. Then VCU converts it to correct pulse train for dash.
RPM dial could be run in this way as well, only i suggest to display current information there instead.
See a BSM file so you can fake its analog signals :).
viewtopic.php?p=10999#p10999
youngpoland

Post by youngpoland »

As for the use of the gearbox from the Toyota Yaris, I thought about it, I even bought it, but the problem with the speed sensor, additionally, the modification of the driveshaft, making the gearbox mounts, all these additional works prompted me to use the outlander drive. The only thing I need to add is a plate connecting both elements, a clutch and one motor mounting point. The advantage of this solution is having gears. As for the inverter, I have already ordered a board for the Yaris inverter and it is unlikely that it will be able to control the inverter from the outlander. For this you need a zombieverter and here is the problem with ordering the assembled board in jlcpcb because I did not find a single configuration file on githab. I miss the CPL file if any of you would have such a file I would be grateful.
royhen99

Post by royhen99 »

The design files including cpl are available from Damien's patreon site, at €10 /month membership level.
https://www.patreon.com/evbmw/membership
arber333

Post by arber333 »

youngpoland wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:12 pm ...... For this you need a zombieverter and here is the problem with ordering the assembled board in jlcpcb because I did not find a single configuration file on githab. I miss the CPL file if any of you would have such a file I would be grateful.
Well not only....
viewtopic.php?t=2167
youngpoland

Post by youngpoland »

Work is progressing slowly, waiting for the outlander's engine, I'm disassembling the internal combustion engine. Due to the cold and snow, there is not much going on
IMG_0777.JPG
Finally, the assembled boards have arrived from jlcpcb. I am starting to assemble the connectors removed from the yaris inverter board.
IMG_0806.JPG
youngpoland

Post by youngpoland »

the board is already alive after programming
IMG_0807.JPG
I did everything step by step like this friend on YT
youngpoland

Post by youngpoland »

I have a question for people with more experience than me. Below I have compiled the connector from the dual_v1d board and the resolver from the outlander rear drive unit, is this connection correct?
połączenie z silnikiem outlandera.jpg
bexander

Post by bexander »

youngpoland wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:06 am I have a question for people with more experience than me. Below I have compiled the connector from the dual_v1d board and the resolver from the outlander rear drive unit, is this connection correct?
No, S3 and S4 does not go to ground. Should be connected to MG2_ENC_1 and MG2_ENC_2, one to each. That is the resolver inputs.
image_2023-02-08_064122332.png
youngpoland

Post by youngpoland »

połączenie z silnikiem outlandera 2.jpg
ok like that
bexander

Post by bexander »

Yes, that looks correct to me.
youngpoland

Post by youngpoland »

OK thank you for the information
youngpoland

Post by youngpoland »

Does anyone on the forum have a reworked version of the Mini-E-VCU for the arduino compiler for teensy 4.1. Can you send me this version?
youngpoland

Post by youngpoland »

More items have arrived. motor and inverter to it. Now I'm wondering whether to use the toyota yaris board or, on the contrary, leave it for another project and make the control using the software and driver from https://github.com/aot93/Mini-E-VCU. Are there any step by step videos on how to do this?
IMG_0810[1].jpg
IMG_0811[1].jpg
Does this driver only support bms from outlander and is it necessary for this driver to work. Can other bms from nissan leaf or i-miev be used.
royhen99

Post by royhen99 »

youngpoland wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:37 pm Does anyone on the forum have a reworked version of the Mini-E-VCU for the arduino compiler for teensy 4.1. Can you send me this version?
Just rename main.cpp to main.ino or Mini-E-VCU.ino, and it should compile with Arduino IDE.
youngpoland

Post by youngpoland »

Today I managed to buy probably the last piece of teensy 3.2 for little money. And now I have a question.
I want to use
Clipboard02.jpg
https://oshwlab.com/aot93/mini-e-t4-vcu_copy to control the inverter from outlander
and as bms
Clipboard03.jpg
https://oshwlab.com/aot93/simpbmsminimal
the question here is if I program it with the soft https://github.com/Tom-evnut/ImievBMSV2 will it all work together. Because I have original batteries from i-miev and I want to use them.
aot93

Post by aot93 »

Short answer is no.

The code base needs to be modified to work with these boards.
youngpoland

Post by youngpoland »

I have a question, do I think correctly that this is how the poles of the battery wires should be connected? This is the rear inverter from the outlander
IMG_0822[1].jpg
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
youngpoland

Post by youngpoland »

Thanks, just wanted to confirm that I'm thinking right
arber333

Post by arber333 »

youngpoland wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:12 am I have a question, do I think correctly that this is how the poles of the battery wires should be connected? This is the rear inverter from the outlander
IMG_0822[1].jpg
In outlander inverter +HV is on the side of the fuses. Simple, just follow the fused rail to your positive terminal.
youngpoland

Post by youngpoland »

when the weather is not conducive to work on the car, I solder a zombieverter
IMG_0827.JPG