ZEVA BMS24 System

Buy and sell
KimchiKimKim

ZEVA BMS24 System

Post by KimchiKimKim »

Awhile back I made a bunch of BMS24 units for a project that has to monitor a ton of parallel groups. I ended up selling the battery pack and dropped it to 96 cells so I have a ton of extra BMS units left over. Since they are based on the hard-to-find LTC6802 IC I hand-calibrated and assembled them using a fluke as a reference. Different die revisions of the LTC BMS ic cause slight drifts to the voltage sense stored in registers! I don't have thermistors to test the temp sensing but I assume that it would work perfectly with the recommended sensors as per the user manual as I didn't change anything about that side of the board.

I 3D printed the enclosures using high temp ABS

I conformal coated the LTC ic to keep ingress from shorting the tiny leads together but these are NOT waterproof!

Even though I calibrated and tested every single unit. due to the safety nature of a BMS its UP TO THE USER to properly install the unit - for this reason, I can't provide any sort of warranty or support

I changed the layout and schematics to use parts that are easier/possible to source but the functionality is the exact same.

I have a total of 20x units for sale. If you are interested in more than a few (4 units) I would be happy to entertain offers.

They come with the terminal-style connectors shown in the pictures

Looking for $250 each BMS24 Unit.

I am still working on sourcing parts for EVMS V3s but I plan on selling some later.
Attachments
IMG_5630.JPG
IMG_5629.JPG
IMG_5628.JPG
IMG_5627.JPG
Voltages tested using a 2x beat-up quadcopter 6s Lipo (thats why its so unbalanced)
Voltages tested using a 2x beat-up quadcopter 6s Lipo (thats why its so unbalanced)
johnspark

Re: ZEVA BMS24 System

Post by johnspark »

Have you or are you going to create the Zeva current sensors?

I have bought the Zeva system for my car to install once I get to that stage, so I am very glad you have created these items :)
johnspark

Post by johnspark »

PS: i love the LED you have added :)
KimchiKimKim

Post by KimchiKimKim »

johnspark wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:33 am Have you or are you going to create the Zeva current sensors?

I have bought the Zeva system for my car to install once I get to that stage, so I am very glad you have created these items :)
Yes, I will. These require a complete redesign since the current sensor used is extremely old and very difficult to buy in any sort of quantity. I understand the CAN protocol pretty well so it shouldn't be too much work but since I don't need one for myself I haven't spearheaded the project unless there is interest in others for me to sell them.
johnspark

Post by johnspark »

Ok well you have orders for 3 from me when you have the time,

Kind regards,
KimchiKimKim

Post by KimchiKimKim »

johnspark wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:38 pm Ok well you have orders for 3 from me when you have the time,

Kind regards,
PMed
johnspark

Post by johnspark »

KimchiKimKim, I love the overall design of these boards, (thank you Ian Hooper). But I have never been keen on the terminal connector with the screws only a mm away from each other. A potential short circuit could occur. Do you know of a different connector to the black ones that have say crimped ones so that there is more plastic insulation between wires?
KimchiKimKim

Post by KimchiKimKim »

johnspark wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:42 pm KimchiKimKim, I love the overall design of these boards, (thank you Ian Hooper). But I have never been keen on the terminal connector with the screws only a mm away from each other. A potential short circuit could occur. Do you know of a different connector to the black ones that have say crimped ones so that there is more plastic insulation between wires?
The best way to fix concerns like that is simply with a wire ferrule crimp. I was going to replace them with some crimpable TE superseal connectors, but wiring this way is so much easier.
johnspark

Post by johnspark »

Ah do you mean bootlace ferrules? that fixes stray wire strands, there would still be the issue of the screws 1mm apart. Crimpable TE superseal connectors sounds interesting. I would be happy to pay more for it.

Kind regards.
KimchiKimKim

Post by KimchiKimKim »

johnspark wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:41 am Ah do you mean bootlace ferrules? that fixes stray wire strands, there would still be the issue of the screws 1mm apart. Crimpable TE superseal connectors sounds interesting. I would be happy to pay more for it.

Kind regards.
I could help but it depends on how many you want to purchase.
johnspark

Post by johnspark »

So for my first car I only need those 3 current BMS modules so probably not enough for these superseal connectors...
johnspark

Post by johnspark »

So for my first car I only need those 3 current BMS modules so probably not enough incentive for you to invest in these superseal connectors...
KimchiKimKim

Post by KimchiKimKim »

Dropping price to $175 a unit