Did I blow it all up

ZKnightfx

Did I blow it all up

Post by ZKnightfx »

So in the ongoing saga of me becoming slightly less stupid. I managed to get my motor spinning quite nicely, and had everything moving along. So of course I decided to route and tidy my wires, and close the lid to my inverter. Reconnecting my HV cables I was careful to check + and - and then double check, and then do other things, and finally flick the switch to make sure everything was running just fine and click poof. FUCK. Went through everything again, double checked all the things, and sure enough, through some moronic oversight I flipped the high voltage leads.

I reconnected all the things, double checked, reconnected, and "shockingly" I had some resolver noise, and various clicks and shudders.

The web interface says I am in run mode, with no errors and the status says none. Despite the same parameters that I had when she ran, she does nothing anymore. Did I simply blow my powerstage and have 1 last little whimper, or am I missing something. Thought I'd ask before I hit ebay again.
Bratitude

Re: Did I blow it all up

Post by Bratitude »

did you blow a fuse? is the cap blown? take a close look at the igbts
https://bratindustries.net/ leaf motor couplers, adapter plates, custom drive train components
ZKnightfx

Post by ZKnightfx »

Hey Bratitude, So I opened her up, dug around, no sign of damage. I've gotten a response from the motor now. When I power up I get full voltage and all but my readings fluctuate all over the place. I believe I've done the voltage calibration correct, but its never been proper in my opinion. When my contactor closes and precharge closes I get 370 volts at the inverter. If I "trick" the software by adjusting Gain or offset I can get the motor to spin temporarily and then all voltage drops to 0.
If it's any help, I found out the reason I was getting nothing to the inverter power wise, was a blown disconnect fuse. Makes me concerned I have an unknown problem causing stress somewhere.
catphish

Post by catphish »

ZKnightfx wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:16 pm If I "trick" the software by adjusting Gain or offset I can get the motor to spin temporarily and then all voltage drops to 0.
Which parameter are you tricking to make this work? ie what is misreading?
What voltage drops to zero? Where are you measuring?
ZKnightfx

Post by ZKnightfx »

The udc, I am able to change the gain/offset to get the contractors to fire, which then send voltage, which results in and overvoltage error. Then adjust the gains to make ready and close the dc/sw and she goes into run mode. If I then press the throttle the motor will do 1 turn and drop the voltage to 0. This is the udc and backed up by my voltmeter as well.
bexander

Post by bexander »

Sounds to me like the main contactor hasn't closed. With only precharge relay closed, as soon a you draw current, the voltage will drop.
Have you verified that the contactor control is correct?