Hybrid (Not EV) conversions

Introduction and miscellaneous that we haven't created categories for, yet
dillsb

Hybrid (Not EV) conversions

Post by dillsb »

Hi,
New to the forum! Excited to learn from everyone here.
I am looking for some examples of hybrid/PHEV conversions using the Lexus GS450h transmission. I tried searching but words like "hybrid" and "PHEV" come up in just about every thread in reference to donor vehicles. Idea is to use the GS450h transmission, in combination with "insert engine" and a large enough battery to give the vehicle a realistic EV range (say 50-100km city), as well as a significant on-demand performance boost (ICE+EV). Think performance PHEV. Curious if the Zombieverter VCU has been successfully used in combination with an ICE engine.

Any links to projects or resources is greatly appreciated!
Corvairius

Re: Hybrid (Not EV) conversions

Post by Corvairius »

This is what I'm hoping someone can adapt the zombieverter to do, I want to use my Gen 3 Prius transaxle as it sits stock, control it with a zombieverter, and control my 1.8l with an aftermarket ECU.

I'm currently doing it the hard way by transferring all of the OEM components into a Corvair and making it mid engine.

I'd gladly contribute monetarily to anyone that can figure out how to make the zombieverter imitate the stock behavior, it would need a very simple interface to talk to the engine ECU, one pin to enable/disable ignition, and a throttle control, all gauges and engine sensors would be handled independently.