Compound miter saw

Tell us about the project you do with the open inverter
Dxtawise

Compound miter saw

Post by Dxtawise »

Hi everyone. I got a broken miter saw from a friend some days ago, and have being wondering, what other project can i put the electric motor it has into use?
The RPM on this is 2500, and runs on AC power.
Can this electric motor be used to drive anything of significance to me, for example, if I intend to have the motor drive a hydraulic fluid pump for bench testing pumps?

Your suggestions are welcomed pls, and It should not be limited to the hydraulic pump project above.
EV_Builder

Re: Compound miter saw

Post by EV_Builder »

Oefff... this depends on what is broken?
I would try to fix it and let the saw be a saw. :)
Converting an Porsche Panamera
see http://www.wdrautomatisering.nl for bespoke BMS modules.
arber333

Post by arber333 »

Dxtawise wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:40 am Hi everyone. I got a broken miter saw from a friend some days ago, and have being wondering, what other project can i put the electric motor it has into use?
The RPM on this is 2500, and runs on AC power.
Can this electric motor be used to drive anything of significance to me, for example, if I intend to have the motor drive a hydraulic fluid pump for bench testing pumps?

Your suggestions are welcomed pls, and It should not be limited to the hydraulic pump project above.
That is usually not an AC motor. Let alone 3phase. It is simply 320V DC brush motor. You can run that from a DC controler.
Dxtawise

Post by Dxtawise »

EV_Builder wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:50 am Oefff... this depends on what is broken?
I would try to fix it and let the saw be a saw. :)
Great feedback, but i dont need it to be a saw for the second time.
I just wanted to know if there are any DIY projects, that a miter saw AC electric motor can be used for, instead of just discarding it.
Have you not heard or seen for instance, where tesla or an electric forklift motors are used for several DIY applications?
Ev8

Post by Ev8 »

Unfortunately it’s likely a low powered (sub 1kw) universal motor making if pretty useless outside of the range of power tools it was intended for, I suppose you could add an off balance weight and use it to vibrate paint, use it to turn a drum full of granite clippings to deburr and finish laser cut stainless parts, make a belt sander maybe.. necessity is the mother of invention what do you need.