One pedal driving.

Topics concerning the Tesla front and rear drive unit drop-in board
Joxson

One pedal driving.

Post by Joxson »

Hi!

Is it anyone that has played with regen and achived one pedal driving?
I would like it to work but when I tried I couldnt get the regen to work under like 5kmh. Under that the car was free rolling, I would like to have it so the car actually stops and can even hold the car at stand still on a small slope.
Anyone with tips?
Best Regards
Joachim Westerlund :)
arber333

Re: One pedal driving.

Post by arber333 »

Joxson wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:17 pm Hi!

Is it anyone that has played with regen and achived one pedal driving?
I would like it to work but when I tried I couldnt get the regen to work under like 5kmh. Under that the car was free rolling, I would like to have it so the car actually stops and can even hold the car at stand still on a small slope.
Anyone with tips?
Doh! You need to have a pedal range without torque near 0 so motor would not lock your wheels before stopping. Very dangerous in winter.
I use a single pedal throttle even though i use a regen pot. This regen pot i can actively set but it remains on that setting. When i release throttle motor will regen. I do not use brake switch regen. Throttle release is enough for me. I use brake pedal only for mechanical effect.
catphish

Post by catphish »

You can change the regen settings to work all the way down to stationary, it may or may not work smoothly, but worth a try. You should also experiment with the hill hold function, but I haven't been able to make it work myself.

A few improvements probably need to be made to openinverter's low speed control before this will work exactly the way you want it do. I hope to do some work on this soon, though I will initially be focusing on the opposite of what you want, constant forward torque like an automatic vehicle, but I'll keep your suggestion in mind for my testing.
Joxson

Post by Joxson »

arber333 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:24 pm Doh! You need to have a pedal range without torque near 0 so motor would not lock your wheels before stopping. Very dangerous in winter.
I use a single pedal throttle even though i use a regen pot. This regen pot i can actively set but it remains on that setting. When i release throttle motor will regen. I do not use brake switch regen. Throttle release is enough for me. I use brake pedal only for mechanical effect.
Its only a summer car so it wouldnt be a problem.

Can you explain regen pot?
Best Regards
Joxson

Post by Joxson »

catphish wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:26 pm You can change the regen settings to work all the way down to stationary, it may or may not work smoothly, but worth a try. You should also experiment with the hill hold function, but I haven't been able to make it work myself.

A few improvements probably need to be made to openinverter's low speed control before this will work exactly the way you want it do. I hope to do some work on this soon, though I will initially be focusing on the opposite of what you want, constant forward torque like an automatic vehicle, but I'll keep your suggestion in mind for my testing.
Aaah, will have to look in to the settings more.

Sounds good!
Best Regards