Shunt needed with OI board?

Tell us about the project you do with the open inverter
ardillolambo

Shunt needed with OI board?

Post by ardillolambo »

Guys,
I'm panning using a custom digital dash board to display info such as speed, temperature and all that kind of things....can I get all that data from the OI inverter board or do I need a shunt resistor?
arber333

Re: Shunt needed with OI board?

Post by arber333 »

ardillolambo wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:14 pm Guys,
I'm panning using a custom digital dash board to display info such as speed, temperature and all that kind of things....can I get all that data from the OI inverter board or do I need a shunt resistor?
Hm... OI can output CAN data stream. But i dont know if you can directly use the DC current data. Maybe not really accurate...
Speed and temp info is there and can be slaved to CAN.
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

The DC current figure is as accurate as the current sensors are calibrated, That said it doesn't include miscellaneous currents like DC/DC, heater etc. Better source current from the BMS (or a shunt)
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
ardillolambo

Post by ardillolambo »

johu wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:42 pm The DC current figure is as accurate as the current sensors are calibrated, That said it doesn't include miscellaneous currents like DC/DC, heater etc. Better source current from the BMS (or a shunt)
Johu
Any particular shunt that you will recommend for a dual motor set up?