Non spinning/juddering motor on new Nissan Leaf2 adapter boards

Nissan Leaf/e-NV200 drive stack topics
johu
Site Admin

Non spinning/juddering motor on new Nissan Leaf2 adapter boards

Post by johu »

I just fitted a new control board (the one based on mini mainboard) to Touran and found the motor just juddering about instead of spinning.

So I swapped the two resolver channels by typing "set pinswap 6" to the custom command field. This swaps sin/cos and also PWM channels 1 and 3 as before.

Now the motor spins. I'm surprised this hasn't come up lately but I reckon it takes some time until people actually commission their drive trains.

I'm not sure where exactly the swap happened in hardware as I took care to wire everything up as before. Oh well.

I have checked the mini mainboard and there the resolver channels are swapped. before: S2->TIM3_CH1, S3->TIM3_CH2, now the other way around.

All boards I ship since the creation of this thread have this parameter fixed.
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
Romale

Re: Non spinning/juddering motor on new Nissan Leaf2 adapter boards

Post by Romale »

johu wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:06 pm I just fitted a new control board (the one based on mini mainboard) to Touran and found the motor just juddering about instead of spinning.

So I swapped the two resolver channels by typing "set pinswap 6" to the custom command field. This swaps sin/cos and also PWM channels 1 and 3 as before.

Now the motor spins. I'm surprised this hasn't come up lately but I reckon it takes some time until people actually commission their drive trains.

I'm not sure where exactly the swap happened in hardware as I took care to wire everything up as before. Oh well.

I have checked the mini mainboard and there the resolver channels are swapped. before: S2->TIM3_CH1, S3->TIM3_CH2, now the other way around.

All boards I ship since the creation of this thread have this parameter fixed.

it seems that this is not the only "breakdown"))),
I recently downloaded the files for the manufacture of the v3 board from a new one and after I received them from China, I came across a strange behavior of the controllers. they didn't want to work with the old settings! coincidentally, it started with a new em57 motor and I thought that the motor was defective or there was a different pinout in it. I tried to switch on the phase wires and the resolver sensor in different ways. it always turned out that the connection should be the same as before, but the syncofs is exactly 180 ° (32768),
I suspected that I made a mistake soldering the wires from the brain to the drivers, something got mixed up in places. However, today I got my old motor, an old inverter and an old v3 board. firmware 5.27 is running syncofs 0! but as soon as I put a new brain, the correct value is already 32768!
So?
Where is the error and what is it? The sine cosine signals did not change here, I checked the angle graph by rotating the motor in one direction with my hand, in both cases it is depicted the same way.
evil neodymium :twisted:
Romale

Post by Romale »

IMG20231014214348~2.jpg
IMG20231014214401~2.jpg
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

Actually the above mentioned swap only concerns the mini mainboard not the v3 board. Not sure what is happening there.
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
Romale

Post by Romale »

I understand. but I decided to share, in this topic, what is happening with my v3 boards is the place