Jack Bauer

Re: Lets get Damian a 3D printer

Post by Jack Bauer »

Thank you:)
I'm going to need a hacksaw
rstevens81

Post by rstevens81 »

janosch wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:42 pm Sent you some money for filament Damian.
Thanks 👍

I just intended the gofund me to be a quick 'office whip round', it exceeded expectations, if I were to do it again I would sorted it out to work in Euros using a more economical provider (the swines charge 5percent plus £0.25 per transaction), I am still waiting for the monies from them so I can order the printer! (Only got part of it so far)
Rule 1 of EV Club is don't buy a rust bucket....
Which rule does everyone forget 🤪
marcexec

Post by marcexec »

Thanks 👍

I just intended the gofund me to be a quick 'office whip round', it exceeded expectations, if I were to do it again I would sorted it out to work in Euros using a more economical provider (the swines charge 5percent plus £0.25 per transaction), I am still waiting for the monies from them so I can order the printer! (Only got part of it so far)
My son's school uses iDonate, they basically charge the credit card fees and ask for a tip. Certainly not 5%!
A motorcyclist is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
Getting started guide for Celeron55's iPDM56
My Suzuki RF400 build @ES
Honda IMA & Lebowski howto
ozzey90

Post by ozzey90 »

rstevens81 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:37 pm Thanks 👍

It's great that you were able to get some support for your printer purchase through a GoFundMe campaign. I hope you receive the rest of the funds soon so you can order the printer and start your printing projects. In terms of printer recommendations within your budget, some popular options for beginners include the Creality Ender 3 or Ender 3 Pro, the Prusa Mini, and the Anycubic Mega S. These printers have good reviews and are known for being user-friendly and reliable.
crasbe

Post by crasbe »

Damien received the printer already and it's up and running. It will probably be featured in a soon-ish future video :)