DIY Tesla Mobile Solar EV Charger

EV and openinverter related news
Gregski

DIY Tesla Mobile Solar EV Charger

Post by Gregski »

sorry not sure where to post this (I wish we had a Chit Chat sub forum for nonsense like this) but I just came across this [ahem] "unique' video on YouTube and thought some of you may find this interesting

Tesla Mobile Solar EV Charger with EG4 inverter and battery

"I don't need to understand how it works, I just need to understand how to make it work!" ~ EV Greg
Bratitude

Re: DIY Tesla Mobile Solar EV Charger

Post by Bratitude »

how much is really gained here? range lost for the terrible aero dynamics vs whats added via solar
https://bratindustries.net/ leaf motor couplers, adapter plates, custom drive train components
Gregski

Post by Gregski »

Bratitude wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:39 pm how much is really gained here? range lost for the terrible aero dynamics vs whats added via solar
in a later video he addresses some of the "hate" don't mean you, and he says there is an alternate design where he carries the panels horizontally rather than vertically

this is essentially one man's project, and a prototype at that, so I think we should all allow him some leeway, he also talks about his special circumstances where he basically parks in a dirt lot and can lay those things out with nobody tampering with them, I totally get what he is doing he is saying hey this works for me and it may not work for you
"I don't need to understand how it works, I just need to understand how to make it work!" ~ EV Greg
arber333

Post by arber333 »

Gregski wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:57 pm in a later video he addresses some of the "hate" don't mean you, and he says there is an alternate design where he carries the panels horizontally rather than vertically

this is essentially one man's project, and a prototype at that, so I think we should all allow him some leeway, he also talks about his special circumstances where he basically parks in a dirt lot and can lay those things out with nobody tampering with them, I totally get what he is doing he is saying hey this works for me and it may not work for you
I remember this guy sponsored his range extender. He connected 1/2 of VW Beetle as a trailer to his EV and ran it as a pusher :). A bit heretic dont you think!!!
https://www.diyelectriccar.com/threads/ ... er.169977/
sandriusun

Post by sandriusun »

heyja, so thats my attempt to do some portable solar charging. Works well even vile driving, up to 40-50. When folded, one on top is always working for part of the battery charging.
Attachments
20220504_182747.jpg