UK Based EV battery supplier wanted

Buy and sell
Jonr

UK Based EV battery supplier wanted

Post by Jonr »

I'm based in the UK.
Can people suggest the best place to source EV batteries? - eBay seems expensive.
As I've just started the project and have a motor/inverter running from a bench power supply, I'm not tied to a particular type/make so all suggestions welcome.
Project : GS450h into BMW 3 Series Touring?
Bigpie

Re: UK Based EV battery supplier wanted

Post by Bigpie »

Ebay, check the revision history, find a pack that's been for sale a while and make an offer. Got 2 GTE packs cheap that way, around 50% of the buy it now price.
VW Beetle 2003
Outlander front generator
Prius Gen 3 inverter (EVBMW logic board)
Outlander charger
3x Golf GTE batteries
Chademo Charging
Outlander water heater
Pete9008

Post by Pete9008 »

Bigpie wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:23 pm Ebay, check the revision history, find a pack that's been for sale a while and make an offer. Got 2 GTE packs cheap that way, around 50% of the buy it now price.
What he said. Having bought a few bits now I'm wondering whether the sellers are having trouble pricing EV parts too, they way they seem to deal with it is to price it high and then see what offers come in.

TBH not sure they actually know much about EVs either. Sent a query to one dismantler for further details about a battery pack and got sent a picture of the petrol tank! (to be fair on the BMW the battery is where you would expect to find the tank and the tank where you would expect to find the battery but even so...)
Bigpie

Post by Bigpie »

Very much the above. Half the time they don't even know what they are selling. I've seen listings for "high voltage converter" and the photo was of the water heater.

It looks like the search ebay and stick the same price on it as others. Especially for battery packs you can play on their ignorance a little too, ask how long it's been sitting outside of the car etc before hitting them with a low offer. Find their contact details and go outside of ebay
VW Beetle 2003
Outlander front generator
Prius Gen 3 inverter (EVBMW logic board)
Outlander charger
3x Golf GTE batteries
Chademo Charging
Outlander water heater