Tesla AC not charging

Topics concerning the Tesla front and rear drive unit drop-in board
babaduuk

Tesla AC not charging

Post by babaduuk »

PLEASE HELP!! Just brought a brand new Tesla Model Y. DC charging works fine but AC charging does not work. Can confirm that AC charger or electrical set it is not the problem, had the same set up but works with another tesla. got an error message “charging equipment communication lost” (CP_a046) and “External charging equipment not providing enough power” (PCS_a052). My country does not have a tesla service center. :(
johu
Site Admin

Re: Tesla AC not charging

Post by johu »

Welcome to the board. I took the liberty to redact all caps
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
asavage

Post by asavage »

babaduuk wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:54 pm got an error message “charging equipment communication lost” (CP_a046) and “External charging equipment not providing enough power” (PCS_a052).
Without any more information, that sounds like . . . what it sounds like: your AC EVSE isn't talking to the vehicle in a coherent way. Why, I do not know. Because you have tested the EVSE with a different vehicle, the assumption could be made that the communication issue is on the side of your MY, but how to proceed? I don't know.
johu wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:09 pm I took the liberty to redact all caps
That's a labor of love, right there.
Al Savage
2014 RAV4 EV
NissanDiesel
remy_martian

Post by remy_martian »

What country are you in and which grey market did you buy it from?

My bet is you have the wrong mains frequency set up for the onboard AC charger.
Friends don't let software friends do hardware design
babaduuk

Post by babaduuk »

remy_martian wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:00 am What country are you in and which grey market did you buy it from?

My bet is you have the wrong mains frequency set up for the onboard AC charger.
Thanks all for your replies. My vehicle came from china. So I've tried a few tests. I've got a friend who also owns a tesla. With the exact same set up he was able to charge the car. We've also tried changing the charging location, and also changing different chargers. Everything works well for the car. Seems like the car I have has some internal issue. I've got some advice saying that there might be some problem with the AC/DC conversion since the DC charging works fine.
remy_martian

Post by remy_martian »

You only answered half the question - actually a quarter. Awfully hard to troubleshoot if you can't answer simple questions fully.

A car coming from China can be RHD or LHD. Which?

Which country are you in?
Friends don't let software friends do hardware design