V3 GEN2 leaf Huebner board Pinouts

Nissan Leaf/e-NV200 drive stack topics
monabuild

V3 GEN2 leaf Huebner board Pinouts

Post by monabuild »

Hey All,
I am in the process of install my board and realized i need to populate the Nissan Inverter plug. I found the wiring pinout on the wiki which I will post here as well. Being a beginner in this I thought it might be helpful to me and others by calling what the abbreviations mean so please do help if i got any wrong or can add to them as to what they do and where they should go. I am using the stock 2013 Nissan plug from the inverter and adding the additional inputs from pins i removed from another plug from my donor car.

Also does anyone have a good way to pin #6, And #10 if the Nissan plug is blocked off or blank?

- 6 = OUT_BRAKE This output is to switch on the brake light on a certain regen level
- 10 = IN_BMS This input limits the motor torque (both negative and positive) if a BMS signals an over or under voltage condition
- 14 = CANH *
- 15 = CANL *
- 16 = IN_FORWARD 12v Switched signal for Forward to motor
- 17 = RES_S2 * Resolver
- 18 = RES_S4 * Resolver
- 19 = RES_R1 * Resolver
- 20 = RES_S1 * Resolver
- 21 = RES_S3 * Resolver
- 22 = IN_START "Start" Key on 12v
- 23 = IN_BRAKE This input is connected to the brake pedal. It sets a configurable negative torque (regen) which overrides the throttle.
- 25 = IN_REVERSE 12v Switched Signal for reverse to motor
- 26 = 5V 5v for throttle signal
- 27 = RES_R2 (GND) * Resolver Ground
- 28 = THROTTLE2 Throttle wipe 2
- 29 = THROTTLE1 Throttle wipe 1 Throttle Input (0-3.3V)
- 38 = IN_CRUISE Cruise Control Input (12V)
- 39 = OUT_PWM It is an open collector output so it can be used with most temperature gauges in cars. It can sink up to 150mA."software config"
- 40 = OUT_ERR This output is activated on over current, motor overheat, emergency stop, throttle out of range.
- 41 = OUT_OVTG
- 42 = OUT_DCSW * (! 12V input on original harness, make sure not to connect to 12V but to DC switch!) "negative lead of your positive contactor"
- 43 = OUT_PRE "negative lead of your pre charge contactor "
- 44 = MTEMP1 * Temp Sensor for inverter
- 45 = MTEMP2 * Temp Sensor for inverter
- 46 = 12V * 12v+ key on power
- 47 = GND * Ground
- 48 = 12V * 12v+ key on power
- 49 = GND * Ground
Only pins with * are populated on the OEM wire harness
johu
Site Admin

Re: V3 GEN2 leaf Huebner board Pinouts

Post by johu »

I put these on if someone can figure out a way to connect to them. Some don't even use the stock connector but replace it with an ampseal one. Most will just ignore the traditional signals and do everything via CAN
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
monabuild

Post by monabuild »

johu wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:57 pm I put these on if someone can figure out a way to connect to them. Some don't even use the stock connector but replace it with an ampseal one. Most will just ignore the traditional signals and do everything via CAN
ok that seems like a plan running that stuff off can, I just wanted to ask incase I am missing a simpler way to include it in my plug.
monabuild

Post by monabuild »

made a few changes to the list after reading through an earlier wiki post https://openinverter.org/wiki/Main_Board_Version_3. Hopefully this helps someone in the future. If your reading this later please do reach out.
ElMaco

Post by ElMaco »

Hi,
Starting to do the wiring on my LEAF project. Do you know if pin 22 IN_START needs to be high all the time to run the motor, or does it just need an pulse (like the starter motor; turn the key a bit further for a brief moment and you are good to go)?

Best Regards
Markus
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

Just a pulse, can be sent via CAN as well
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
ElMaco

Post by ElMaco »

Wien reading through the documentation for the inverter board and the Leaf adaptation, I find it a bit contradicting regarding throttle input. It seems pretty clear in the inverter board documentation that it is 0-3.3V input for 0-100% throttle. But… reading the Leaf documentation here I get confused as I interpret throttle to use the onboard 5V.

Can someone please help me as to which it is, max 3.3V or 5V?
Alibro

Post by Alibro »

ElMaco wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:08 pm Wien reading through the documentation for the inverter board and the Leaf adaptation, I find it a bit contradicting regarding throttle input. It seems pretty clear in the inverter board documentation that it is 0-3.3V input for 0-100% throttle. But… reading the Leaf documentation here I get confused as I interpret throttle to use the onboard 5V.

Can someone please help me as to which it is, max 3.3V or 5V?
I think it is pretty much like all throttles, They use the 5V feed but the output is between 0 and 3.3V or thereabouts for one side and something slightly different for the other.
I need a bigger hammer!