When it is not possible to set up synchronization ! Topic is solved

alehandro

When it is not possible to set up synchronization !

Post by alehandro »

I will leave this incomprehensible synchronization behavior here, when I find the reason, it will save someone time starting acquaintance with FOC. Now it's not solved yet and I'm looking for a reason.
I will describe the essence of the situation: You can never force the motor not to rotate when searching for the right sincofs in manual mode at 90-120A manualid from 0-65K, the rotor can only not rotate at low manualid 3-70A.
What has been tested or replaced:
1). Parameters and settings according to the YouTube video instructions of Johannes and Damien.
2). The conclusions of the resolver, generator/syn/cos are determined. There is an angle of 0-360.
3). Four resolver combinations have been tested, two of the four can rotate the motor
4). The Prius20 Inverter Has Been Replaced
5). Replaced the VCU with a new one, firmware 5.14 foc.
6). Replaced all the wiring with the screen, except for the power.
7). PWM and resolver generator signals are checked
8). Engine replaced
9). The synchronization range from 0 to 65k has been passed many times with an interval of 100-50 numbers

The problem continues to be relevant and in search of a solution, probably something insignificant, since everything has been replaced. These are not my first attempts at configuration, previously two sets were configured smoothly without difficulties, but not this time)
johu
Site Admin

Re: When it is not possible to set up synchronization !

Post by johu »

I can't spot any obvious fault either. How much is the resolver jitter, i.e. when you plot with 1000points/1000burst len what do you see?
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
alehandro

Post by alehandro »

johu wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:10 pm I can't spot any obvious fault either. How much is the resolver jitter, i.e. when you plot with 1000points/1000burst len what do you see?
Attachments
Screenshot_20220625_180553_com.yandex.browser.jpg
Screenshot_20220625_180434_com.yandex.browser.jpg
Screenshot_20220625_180251_com.yandex.browser.jpg
alehandro

Post by alehandro »

johu wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:10 pm I can't spot any obvious fault either. How much is the resolver jitter, i.e. when you plot with 1000points/1000burst len what do you see?
Hello Johannes, yes, this incomprehensible synchronization behavior for me has become an obsessive goal to find a solution to the problem. The graphs seem quite logical to me. Today I even went the hard way in the "start" mode, checking the values of the syncofs with an interval of 300-100 numbers, the engine reacted differently to the throttle, but there was no smooth rotation on the entire segment from 0 to 65k and two combinations of the resolver where the rotor can rotate.
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

Yes that looks fine. PWM phases or current sensors swapped?
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
alehandro

Post by alehandro »

I tried different pinswap, and one of the phase variants/sensors damaged the stm32 chip, I documented this to another topic. The correct option for my inverter turned out to be only the "set pinswap 5" command
alehandro

Post by alehandro »

The solution to the reason for the inability to adjust the correct angle of the rotor position turned out to be equally simple and difficult to accept, the reason was the firmware version 5.12-5.14 foc. I installed 5.11 foc and after a couple of minutes the desired result of sincofs was found without problems. I can't say what exactly is wrong with the later firmware versions and incompatibility with my prius gen2 :? .
Probably Johannes could explain this behavior of different foc firmware.
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

I'll keep it in the back of my head. Maybe you can check for differences on github?
alehandro

Post by alehandro »

johu wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:17 pm I'll keep it in the back of my head. Maybe you can check for differences on github?
It's a pity I don't yet have the necessary knowledge to understand the firmware code and can mislead others. Better, someone competent in the field of programming could see the difference.
Romale

Post by Romale »

I have a similar problem. but it consists in the fact that the motor does not stop for the entire range except for the state of syncofs 0 and then at a very small id current. if I consider this position correct and add 32768, then in normal mode the motor does not spin but jumps and shakes. or it can start to unwind by itself to frenzied turns, forcing me to run away from the motor))) the firmware version is the latest foc, which solved the problem of behavior on neutral
Screenshot_20220801-180841.png
evil neodymium :twisted: