inverter interface to work on touch screens

Nissan Leaf/e-NV200 drive stack topics
dsingleton

inverter interface to work on touch screens

Post by dsingleton »

I'm a retired software engineer in Silicon Valley SF Bay Area in the US. I have 37 years experience in making interfaces for different display hardware. I'd like to make a patch so the openinverter software interface will work on newer cars in car touch screens.

The patch I'd like to provide would let the interface detect the make, model, and dimensions of the car's touchscreen and allow the inverter programming to be done in the car, on the car's touch screens, instead of on a laptop computer.

I'm working on converting a 2019 VW Beetle to the Tesla small front motor. It would really be great if I could program the inverter from in the car. It would be extra great to be able to run diagnostics from the car's touch screen.

I'm not doing this to make money, I'd provide the patch under the GPL V2 license and any and all can use or modify it.

If you are open to the idea I'd like to git clone the openinverter repository and I can then send push requests of my code to be reviewed and approved for inclusion into your source base.

sincerely, David Singleton, daviado@gmail.com