2007 Honda Civic Hybrid

drackops

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid

Post by drackops »

I have an option to get a used honda civic hybrid for a decent price that has a bad battery. I don't want to buy it to throw in a replacement battery. I would like to know if with enough research if I could make it use a larger battery pack to be mainly plug in electric with petroleum backup using open inverter vcu's. I am also considering wanting to swap this motor into a different car and would want some custom vcu option to ditch the honda vcu for something open source. Am I barking up the wrong tree and should just go for a documented vehicle an set up?
slociviccoupe

Re: 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid

Post by slociviccoupe »

V3 mainboard should be able to drive the honda igbt directly. As far as a vcu to replace the honda mcm good luck. About only one who knows that info is Peter Perkins on the insight forum and hes not one to share much even though lot of his circuits are open source. You would have to do lot of programming.
As far as the honda being ran as a plug in hybrid those years dont work like that. The ima motor is directly coupled to the crankshaft. So if you wanted to drive in ev mode only you would be dragging along the gas engine with it.