Insurance crisis only in Slovenia or EU

Introduction and miscellaneous that we haven't created categories for, yet
arber333

Insurance crisis only in Slovenia or EU

Post by arber333 »

I would like to ask you about an issue that came to my attention in Slovenia.
Last year i got insurance for Mazda based on 28kW motor. This year i got an offer for 100kW!!!
It is not funny at all. I started to investigate because i am inspector for certification of airplanes as well. I know one should not fool around with TUV and other certificates.
Also price of insurance goes up humongously!

Does anyone have any knowledge of similar incidents? When you have your TUV certificate with motor power say 80kW and they gave you insurance for 134kW instead? Ithought that would happen only for newly certified cars and not retroactively...
Your input is welcome.
eee291

Re: Insurance crisis only in Slovenia or EU

Post by eee291 »

We've had similar issues with our Aixam and ATVs too, they were registered wrongly as Cars or something. I've never seen Kw increase though.
arber333

Re: Insurance crisis only in Slovenia or EU

Post by arber333 »

Let me revisit this as i completely forgort to follow up :).

1. I tried to attack my insurance company for answer directly. I signed myself by my official title (short of a military title :)). Can help sometimes...
In short i got an answer that they i changed my car and they should be charging me more for not paying them etc... They told me like it was a fraud. I then asked if they got my documents and refer them to the traffic permit wher it says "no fuel". And engine displacement 0! They refused to comment further.
2. I went to a car technical integrity test shop where they found some odd quotes on my car, but they were seeing they came from the insurance company side.
3. Complained to a particular certification agency :) about suspicion of unauthorized alteration of data for certificate they are competent authority for. No answer here...
4. Suddenly i got a call from my insurance agent (we were talking a lot about that at the time) and suddenly her bosses changed their minds about it. They explained it as a change in policy for insurance, some of which is mandated from our state and damage insurance which is something they condition on their own.

Apparently they did not have enough data about my ACIM motor and they just used the largest value from their database. Which is wrong as the car was altered in that respect. They told me they cant use my "new" data since it is not in their EU database. They were having difficulties from their EU center (bosses) and they didnt know how to respond.
Basicly my modification from 2013 was legal in Slovenia, but nobody notified EU database about it. A few years later they found out they have one Mazda MX3 with a 100kW V6 motor for which i was paying only 140€. That was for basic insurance together with insurance for glass, lights and deer damage. They stated that they condition the latter as they want. It didnt help that i was presenting my evidence of EV from as far back as 2013.

In the end i decided to include only basic insurance since i drive Mazda very little. Now i pay 70€ annualy for just basic.

Now i hear about Tesla owners paying huge insurance not per certified kW rating but per some twisted P2 value which is supposedly be a 30min motor rating. Industry rating is 1h!?? Anyone knows more about it?