Gen 1 Leaf HV Charger - Standalone

Nissan Leaf/e-NV200 drive stack topics
Alibro

Gen 1 Leaf HV Charger - Standalone

Post by Alibro »

Hi guys
As the title suggests I am trying to persuade my Gen 1 Leaf OBC to charge the HV battery as a standalone unit when I plug in the granny charger.

I know this has been done successfully by a couple of folk with the Gen 2 Charger - https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=620578#p620578
and I believe it has been done with the Gen 1 charger but but I can't find any details.
I have a battery pack connected with Leaf BMS, Contactor Block, PDM, OBC and Inverter and I believe I have all the links relating to the Granny charger connected.
The DC-DC works without any issues but this very simple to implement by making a 12V connection to pin 3 on the PDM, however I believe getting the charger to spring into life requires some persuasion from an Arduino.
My big problem is I am completely useless at Arduino programming so I can only achieve much of anything by copying the work of others, and even then only if it is spelled out to me.
Does anyone know of this having been achieved before or have any suggestions?

Thanks all in advance.

BTW just to make things even more flaky I am using VW battery modules, not a Leaf pack. :?
I need a bigger hammer!