audi a3 etron 2021 Topic is solved

Forum on Volkswagen related hardware, so VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda etc.
jimmyq

audi a3 etron 2021

Post by jimmyq »

hi guys bit of a off topic but i know you guys are the best in this field and maybe help me out this dilemma i am in for months i have a audi etron which has a fault in the electric drive module P1609 CRASH SHUTDOWN its a invcon 3.3 car will not start and this is the olnly fault in all the modules no faults anywhere else

i have tried reading this unit with some tools but the processor is new and we are not able to read it. i have also sent this unit to a tuning tool manufacturer who can read the old ones on the bench but not this one as too new.

anyhow cutting it short i put the electric drive back in the vehicle and tried flashing with new frf and odx still this fault will not clear tried resetting hybrid with odis and i get a fault on the j840 battery regulation module 0 volts. now i know this module sits in the battery pack and have remove this too as it has a big fuse inside was expecting it to be that but the fuse is ok

i have it all open on my bench any help or advice please ?
mjc506

Re: audi a3 etron 2021

Post by mjc506 »

Wild guess, but does "Crash shutdown" perhaps imply an inertial switch somewhere?
jimmyq

Post by jimmyq »

no switches on this car all the diagnostics says is disconnet green hv plug and tries to restart the hybrid system after crash in the process it fails and says J840 Battery regulation module 0v. i have dismatled the battery and opened the J840 Checked the fuses all ok just need to know by the experts here what else is in the battery regulation module that can cause this ive checked the relay i see in the wiki its the same as the passat gte on this page

https://openinverter.org/wiki/VW_Hybrid_Battery_Packs
golfdubcrazy

Post by golfdubcrazy »

have you scanned it with Vcds? check the airbag module as that is what sends the crash shutdown signal. there are also two removable fuses around the car which are supposed to make it safe to work on.

what has happened to the car before this error appeared ?

https://www.nfpa.org/-/media/Files/Trai ... 8-ERG.ashx

if you look on page 3 shows where the shutdown fuses are.
EV_Builder

Post by EV_Builder »

golfdubcrazy wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:52 am what has happened to the car before this error appeared ?
Most important question 😊🙂
Converting an Porsche Panamera
see http://www.wdrautomatisering.nl for bespoke BMS modules.