Charging Leaf battery out of car

Unkle_Limey

Charging Leaf battery out of car

Post by Unkle_Limey »

Hi, would it be possible to rig up Leaf PDM and leaf battery out of car, so that PDM would charge the battery via type1 charging port (and/or chademo), and provide 12V DC too? What hardware is required for such project?
Khallie06

Re: Charging Leaf battery out of car

Post by Khallie06 »

are you using the Leaf BMS? From my reading on the Wiki, the ZombieVerter can control the Leaf PDM and the Leaf BMS, but i could be wrong, im not sure what way ChAdeMo charging would work, maybe someone with more experience with that can point you in a better direction. havent looked into it as its not common in the UK, we use type2/CCS as out AC/DC sharging standard. I think the PDM has a DC/DC 12v converter in it aswell as the HV Charger.

Im Planning my EV build at the minute and will be using an Orion 2 BMS which will handle the PP and CP signals from the EVSE, the Orion BMS also controls the precharge and main contactors , using a standard 110-240VAC to 400v TCCharger, this also provides a 12v 5A supply, with this setup, all youd need is a second charger and youd be able to charge both the HV and LV batteries ecternal to the Vehicle.