Possible gen2 inverter hardware problem

Nissan Leaf/e-NV200 drive stack topics
Reid0102

Possible gen2 inverter hardware problem

Post by Reid0102 »

I saw a video where a gen 2 was being jumped started and in the video there was a dark green wire and a light green wire going to a relay and then ground and CAN hi and low going to the vcu. After looking at the wire diagram that single dark green wire looks like it goes into pin 48 and 46 which is normally fused 12v from the battery and then CAN EXT1 H goes to pin 14 CAN H on the motor and CAN EXT2 L goes to pin 15 CAN L on the motor. Pin 42, 48,and 46 are connected to the relay for switched power and pin 47 and 49 goes to motor ground and motor case is grounded to the 12v battery. The motor resolver wires and temp wires are hooked up properly and the resolver connector is connected to the resolver.

I am thinking that the VCU is working the way it is supposed to be and I may have a hardware issue. I have no CAN communication from the inverter and VCU.

before trying the above pin 48 and 46 were going to perm. 12v fused battery supply and pin 42 was going to the relay for switched power.

I am using the zombieverter and I am still getting invudc: 0 and invstat: off.

here is where I have some more detail of what I have tested and values I gathered near the bottom of page 14 on this thread.
https://openinverter.org/forum/viewtopi ... 831#p36831

I am about to disconnect the system and open the inverter for investigation.
Reid0102

Re: Possible gen2 inverter hardware problem

Post by Reid0102 »

solved my issues and found it to be damaged inverter and could never get any communication with it nor power it up. I also could not get any continuity when I probed the pins on the back of the motor.

Now looking for a replacement inverter. anyone have a suggestion that would make it a fun motor setup that would also be fairly easy to configure it with the offset and also still be able to use the zombieverter?
Bratitude

Post by Bratitude »

Reid0102 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:35 am…. would also be fairly easy to configure it with the offset and also still be able to use the zombieverter?
Motors and paired inverters only work with the zombieverter, so you’ll need to get another leaf Gen2+ inverter. Any of the 80,110, or 160 kw versions will work
https://bratindustries.net/ leaf motor couplers, adapter plates, custom drive train components
Reid0102

Post by Reid0102 »

Bratitude wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:17 pm
Reid0102 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:35 am…. would also be fairly easy to configure it with the offset and also still be able to use the zombieverter?
Motors and paired inverters only work with the zombieverter, so you’ll need to get another leaf Gen2+ inverter. Any of the 80,110, or 160 kw versions will work
If the brain board in the inverter is replaced with one of the open inverter boards could it be paired with the Zombieverter at that point?

If I replace the inverter with any other gen 2 do you know if it would be possible to set the offset with the zombieverter and the online GUI maybe? Or do I need to use an Arduino to set the offsets?
Bratitude

Post by Bratitude »

Reid0102 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:52 pm
If the brain board in the inverter is replaced with one of the open inverter boards could it be paired with the Zombieverter at that point?
Yes, in that case any inverter with a oi board that drives the power stage. You will need to set up the can id’s between the zombi and oi board tho. Should be fairly straightforward.
If I replace the inverter with any other gen 2 do you know if it would be possible to set the offset with the zombieverter and the online GUI maybe? Or do I need to use an Arduino to set the offsets?
you should be able to yes, I can’t remember if you Change the resolver offsets with the zombie, or the inverter itself needs the change. I believe it’s the ladder, Dala has some good videos on resolver offsets, being he dose power upgrades for leafs.
https://bratindustries.net/ leaf motor couplers, adapter plates, custom drive train components
Reid0102

Post by Reid0102 »

Bratitude wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:23 pm
Yes, in that case any inverter with a oi board that drives the power stage. You will need to set up the can id’s between the zombi and oi board tho. Should be fairly straightforward.
you should be able to yes, I can’t remember if you Change the resolver offsets with the zombie, or the inverter itself needs the change. I believe it’s the ladder, Dala has some good videos on resolver offsets, being he dose power upgrades for leafs.
thank you that is very helpful.