Need help with FOC tuning (prius gen2 inv+ gen2 MG2)

Topics concerning the Toyota and Lexus inverter drop in boards
geduxaz

Re: Need help with FOC tuning (prius gen2 inv+ gen2 MG2)

Post by geduxaz »

m.art.y wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:10 pm When you changed phase wires did you also go through the procedure again to find a new syncoffs value? When you change phase wires motor will not spin until you find new syncoffs.
When i changed two phase wires (swapped) i could not spin motor on any syncofs, with any manualid. It was just shaking/vibrating.

And on original wirring with wrong syncofs i can easily spin it with low manualid.

Maybe my motor pole pairs 4, resolver pairs 2 is not ok?
But i tried to read manuals on prius internals and it looks OK.
m.art.y

Post by m.art.y »

Maybe gen2 prius system is different from the gen3 then.
ZooKeeper

Post by ZooKeeper »

RetroZero has the Prius Gen2 inverter & transaxle in his VW project running, did not find his settings however.

https://openinverter.org/forum/viewtopi ... =11&t=1725
Huebner VCU controlling a Gen2 Prius Inverter powering an MGR
"Talent is equally distributed but opportunity is not." - Leila Janah
RetroZero

Post by RetroZero »

I recently posted them in adapter board thread. I was hoping it could be tested by others before moving it to the wiki.
geduxaz

Post by geduxaz »

RetroZero wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:38 am I recently posted them in adapter board thread. I was hoping it could be tested by others before moving it to the wiki.
I saw them. Do you have normal operation, direction etc? Is the system full stock like no cables swapped? What is the resolver wirring pinout?
geduxaz

Post by geduxaz »

I made some observations.
1. If i use 4 polepairs, 2 resolverpairs i get like 6 0-360 during one motor spin. Is this OK?
2. I i look at "turns" i get ~30 turns added if i spin motor one rottation.
RetroZero

Post by RetroZero »

I went for a "drive" yesterday, and I have a parameter issue somewhere. I run out of steam after 10 meters. I am comparing old parameters to see what has changed.
geduxaz

Post by geduxaz »

I can make burnouts on the concrete.
Now 200V, will add one more bank and make 300V
ZooKeeper

Post by ZooKeeper »

geduxaz wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:05 pm I can make burnouts on the concrete.
Very Nice!!!!
Huebner VCU controlling a Gen2 Prius Inverter powering an MGR
"Talent is equally distributed but opportunity is not." - Leila Janah
RetroZero

Post by RetroZero »

So how far off were those parameters I posted, or did you not need them?
geduxaz

Post by geduxaz »

RetroZero wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:51 am So how far off were those parameters I posted, or did you not need them?
In general they are almost the same as most of them are default values :)
I think your UDCGAIN and UDCOFS are not correct.
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

geduxaz wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:05 pm I can make burnouts on the concrete.
Wow! I'll be running 400V. Should be fun :)
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
geduxaz

Post by geduxaz »

Now tried to find syncofs again, using 300V.
I try at 9000, get 20A manualid spinning it slowly forward. But at same 9000 i get with 120A manualid spinning it fast backwards. So how should i understand the 9000? At what point i am?
alehandro

Post by alehandro »

Hi guys! I need the help of the community, I have reached a dead end in finding a solution to the problem and the right option for setting up the FOC. I've been busy for four days and there is no desired result. Previously, my prius 20 inverter and GS450H box worked fine, I just carefully removed the stator with the rotor and returned it back. Now I can no longer smoothly rotate the motor from the throttle. What I get:
1. The search for 1 of 4 resolver combinations was carried out anew, there are 2 combinations where the motor rotates, there is an angle of 0-360
2. Syncofs from 0 to 65k have been passed with an interval of 100, in two combinations where the motor rotates.
3. In manual control mode, when searching for the desired value of the syncofs, finding a chilo where the rotor does not rotate at the lower manualid (3-6-25-90-120a), then 0.1 manualid and manualiq -3, 3 do not give me rotation.
4. Manualid 0.1 and manualiq -3, 3 rotate the rotor if I turn on high forward or reverse.
5. At one of the syncofs values, I can rotate forward and reverse from the throttle, at the beginning of pressing the pedal I get a sharp acceleration, then the pedal is slightly controlled.
6. The firmware version was replaced from 5.12 to 5.14, the problem did not go away.
Can you advise me what other methods to take to normalize my work? Continue the search, resolver, syncofs?
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

So in manual mode it is smooth, in run mode it is not?
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
alehandro

Post by alehandro »

johu wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:12 am So in manual mode it is smooth, in run mode it is not?
Hello Johannes. Slightly different, when I find the supposed syncofs in manualid, I don't get rotation in manualiq, but I can get rotation manualiq(3) when I power it forward and manualiq(-3) when I power it reverse. When I put the VCU in normal mode and press the gas pedal, I get a sharp acceleration, the pedal is a little predictable, but this is not the right way to work. With each pedal press this is repeated forward and reverse. All 4 resolver combinations were tested with an interval of 100 units. Another Prius20 inverter was checked, the stm32 chip and various firmware were replaced. I have run out of ideas on the list for troubleshooting. It remains to replace all the wiring).
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

I would think that is what happens when you have no load on the motor. Try decreasing throtcur maybe even below 1A to verify this. Also try using idlemode=always and idlespeed=100 to see if you have speed control
alehandro

Post by alehandro »

johu wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:20 pm I would think that is what happens when you have no load on the motor. Try decreasing throtcur maybe even below 1A to verify this. Also try using idlemode=always and idlespeed=100 to see if you have speed control
I didn't expect that the problem would be so easy to solve. I just reduced trotcur to(0.3) and the speed control became predictable. Indeed, the engine was not connected to the load on the shaft, so pressing the throttle increased the speed dramatically. Thank you Johannes for the hint, I will take your advice into account for the future.
alehandro

Post by alehandro »

johu wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:20 pm I would think that is what happens when you have no load on the motor. Try decreasing throtcur maybe even below 1A to verify this. Also try using idlemode=always and idlespeed=100 to see if you have speed control
I continued to adjust the parameters and noticed that under load the engine accelerates sharply at the slightest pressure on the gas pedal. Trotcur 1 and the engine picks up speed arbitrarily at the beginning of pressing the throttle. I have a question FOC, with the correct value of sincofs with "manualiq 3" and "manualid 0.1" for clockwise rotation, should I have the direction "forward" enabled, also for counterclockwise rotation "manualiq -3" and "manualid 0.1" and the direction "reverse" enabled?
Or in manual mode, a high level of "forward" or "backward" is not required for rotation at values "manualiq 3(-3)" and "manualid 0.1"? It looks like I have a problem with this step.
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

Yes manual mode is a bit quirky there. Negative iq results in backwards rotation from standstill and needs dir=Reverse. Negative iq while the motor spins forward results in regen and needs dir=Forward.
alehandro

Post by alehandro »

johu wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:02 pm Yes manual mode is a bit quirky there. Negative iq results in backwards rotation from standstill and needs dir=Reverse. Negative iq while the motor spins forward results in regen and needs dir=Forward.
Johannes, did you mean, in manual mode, that the positive "manualiq" requires the inclusion of - forward? Negative "manualiq" requires inclusion- reverse? Thanks for the explanation!
DIETZENBACH

Re: Need help with FOC tuning (prius gen2 inv+ gen2 MG----Failed Initial Setup with the Prius Gen2 board2)

Post by DIETZENBACH »

Failed Initial Setup with the Prius Gen2 board
I have tried multiple time to start the motor with the Initial Set up procedure, but failed.
There is no sign of any movement, no bulb lights are on or blinking.
Everything is set according to the prescribed procedure of the Initial Setup board: 12V lamp and switch + 3bulbs 12V – 55W to the HV connector in delta mode. The VCU communication is smooth without errors.
Any value settings in MANUALID and MANUAL IQ remained without any change in the behavior of motor.
A member of the Forum suggested to change the Inverter/Converter, presuming it was the cause of the failure. The change did not help either.
Besides all this I am missing the 17 ,18 ,19 commands in the program settings (wmpol,deadtime,ocurlim.)
Later the same member of Forum recommended to reprogram the board with newer FOC version. I tried to do this, but there is no chance to solder any wires for connections to the board , because it comes without pin- connectors for the St.Link V2 unit
That is why I decided to renew the VCU board with the hope , that there will be some improvement in the Initial Set Up, and I can turn the motor at last.
Any hints and suggestions are welcomed.
RetroZero

Post by RetroZero »

I assume you have the latest board then?
Which step do you get to succesfully from the wiki?
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

Never proceed with higher level steps if the lower level ones don't work.
Here is a very basic inverter test viewtopic.php?p=40870&hilit=light+bulb#p40870