CANBed RP2040 based CAN development board

Introduction and miscellaneous that we haven't created categories for, yet
catphish

CANBed RP2040 based CAN development board

Post by catphish »

I just received one of these from the first production batch:

https://www.seeedstudio.com/CANBed-RP20 ... -5262.html

It's an extremely neat, and extremely cheap board with a microcontroller (I've quickly become a big fan of the RP2040), a single CAN interface, USB, and some GPIO. Price even includes the DE9 connector.

I intend to use mine for CAN sniffing and injecting (ie CAN<->USB) but these could well be useful for other general CAN hacking, particularly considering the price.

Sadly it appears to be out of stock, but hopefully more will be available soon. Just thought people might be interested :)
marcexec

Re: CANBed RP2040 based CAN development board

Post by marcexec »

Neat!
They are back in stock BTW.
A motorcyclist is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
Getting started guide for Celeron55's iPDM56
My Suzuki RF400 build @ES
Honda IMA & Lebowski howto
js1tr3

Post by js1tr3 »

I've been using a bunch, careful i think they run @5V on USB and 3.3v when powered from the can bus connector via 12v. Need to do a bit more research on the schematic. In particular the power circuit.
1988 Porsche 911 targa with warp11 motor. Soon to be Tesla SDU.
catphish

Post by catphish »

js1tr3 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:54 am I've been using a bunch, careful i think they run @5V on USB and 3.3v when powered from the can bus connector via 12v. Need to do a bit more research on the schematic. In particular the power circuit.
I finally got round to testing mine and it has the same fault. All 3.3V lines are at 5V when running from USB. According to their "v1.1 schematic" the 5V USB goes into the voltage regulator.

Confirmed here, it was a bug fixed in their second batch: http://docs.longan-labs.cc/1030018/#version-track