ZombieVerter VCU Support

EV_Builder

Re: ZombieVerter VCU Support

Post by EV_Builder »

I don't know about WSL if its enough abstraction but an VMWare or VirtualBox with ubuntu surely does work even more guarantee if you have a wireless usb interface lying around.
Converting an Porsche Panamera
see http://www.wdrautomatisering.nl for bespoke BMS modules.
Domt177

Post by Domt177 »

Reid0102 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:10 am Hello all,

I am running into a bit of trouble with the VCU and 2nd gen leaf motor and inverter. I have a new ISA shunt and went through the steps to initialize it. When I go through the start up process T15 is on, it passes pre-charge stage and i can measure pack voltage across the inverters positive and negative terminals. The forward position is on. The duel channel POT is calibrated and Pot nom goes between -30% to 100% and I can see both POT channels cycling through their resistance and I can see a torque spot value go up to 2000 and back down with the throttle but the motor won't spin.

the invstat is off and the invudc is 0, but on udc i can see full pack voltage. Does anyone have an idea of what may be going on?

I seem to be having a similar issue as shown here, with leaf gen3 inverter

Zombieverter goes into run mode, closes contactors, and sends torque commands (observed in web interface) but shows nothing on CAN EXT2 (checked with logger when it said it was sending torque)
The web interface says InvStat : Off, and doesnt receive any temps either (all show 0C)
The inverter does output 3 can messages when zombieverter closes relay so is given 12v so dont think its an issue with the inverter. Did install a termination resistor to get the resistance values to 60ohms

So seems as if my zombieverter somehow cant see or use CAN EXT2
Any ideas?
paaa

Post by paaa »

I think that only a recent bug will load current version and see if I have that issue on can 2 but did have an issue before where its listening on can 2 for gear selection but not sending out can to drive the dash. Ill have a check today seen as the suns out.
paaa

Post by paaa »

Also is there interest in me recording quick screen capture on setting up windows environment to compile and compiling?
nkiernan

Post by nkiernan »

paaa wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:56 am Also is there interest in me recording quick screen capture on setting up windows environment to compile and compiling?
That could be very helpful :) I've taken EV_Builder's suggestion and have Virtualbox installed on Win 10, and Ubuntu installed on that (although getting black boot screen randomly). Get Code::blocks set up next
Zapatero

Post by Zapatero »

I'm using Code:Blocks on windows 10, but Johannes set it up for me, so otherwise than that it works well, i can't help :)
EV_Builder

Post by EV_Builder »

The advantage of a VM ...it will work for years on your next device too.
Uppertown

Post by Uppertown »

paaa wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:56 am Also is there interest in me recording quick screen capture on setting up windows environment to compile and compiling?
YES please, every little helps, I'm just building up the enthusiasm to have another attempt at getting things working and this was one of my major stumbling blocks last time.
Domt177

Post by Domt177 »

paaa wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:54 am I think that only a recent bug will load current version and see if I have that issue on can 2 but did have an issue before where its listening on can 2 for gear selection but not sending out can to drive the dash. Ill have a check today seen as the suns out.
Is there a different version I’m supposed to be using?
I re-flashed the one linked on the wiki page and still have nothing coming through
Kelju

Post by Kelju »

Some time ago I posted a question on the Nissan Gen3 inverter section about the KL30 permanent 12V consumption, but did not get any answers. I will repost the question here as there hopefully are also others here playing with the Leaf stack:

Has anyone measured the quiescent current (or rather the sleep current) consumption of the Gen3 inverter?
As soon as the inverter is supplied with KL30 supply (permanent 12V on pins 1 and 6), the inverter spits out a couple of CAN messages and the input current settles around 450mA and stays there while the CAN communication stops.
Seems to be a quite high consumption to draw from the 12V battery while shut down.
I thought the inverter is waiting for KL15 (ignition switch) signal for some time and then would go to sleep, but this did not happen, at least not in a minute or two or even after an hour!
When KL15 is supplied, the consumption does not noticeably increase.
I did not measure the PDM KL30 consumption, but I fear it would act the same.

I would not like to connect these units permanently to the 12V supply with this kind of current draw.

There might be some kind of CAN command to put these units to sleep, that I do not know of.

Any input on how others are doing this would be helpfull, thanks.
Jonr

Post by Jonr »

I need some help. I've got the GS450h motor and inverter (suppled by a breaker and from the same source vehicle) wired to the ZombieVerter, throttle pot connected and all wired up. I do not have a shunt connected and I'm using two 12v car batteries in series as my HV power. I'm using the gearbox manual gear selection, which correctly provides the forward/reverse signal appropriately to the VCU.

The VCU board is missing IC10, IC20, IC12, R14 and R48 but I don't "believe" these impact the operation of running this Lexus setup. I made my own loom with the correct connector to the inverter and checked continuity from the leg of the IC on the VCU through to the inverter connector - all good.

Going through the start procedure, relays click at the appropriate time and HV power gets to the inverter, the "opmode" shows "Run", the "potmon", "pot" and "torque" increment as expected, the "dir" shows "Forward" but "InvStat" shows "off" and the motor doesn't turn!

I've attached
JR_Zombie_GS450h_ Inverter Management Console.pdf
(473.29 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Before I pull the last of my hair out, could someone look through attached settings captured from the web interface and let me know if I've got something wrong?
Project : GS450h into BMW 3 Series Touring?
paaa

Post by paaa »

you need to calibrate your pot 2 , I cant see pot 1 min but I assume as your idle value is above the min ,meaning that inverter won't actually go into drive as it already thinks your pressing throttle. I am surprised to see you don't have any inverter udc , is your inverter making a high pitched wine when turned on?
Domt177

Post by Domt177 »

Having a similar issue with my leaf setup still,

Missing ic12,21,22 but don’t think they’re leaf related from what I can see

zombie goes into run mode, closes contactors and inverter spits out 3 can messages but web interface remains saying invstat off. (and no temps or anything come through) potnom changes between -30% at 0 press of pedal and 0% at full press of pedal. Torque stays at 0

I have no pot2 setup or connected and both pot2 calibration values set to max(pot2 seems to change between 1 or 0 by itself, even with nothing connected), no shunt yet (hasn’t arrived, udcsw set to 0 so contactors close), 160kw leaf inverter. But don’t think any of those should affect it?
Jonr

Post by Jonr »

paaa - thanks for your advice. My throttle has a single pot, so, I set that parameter and the web interface reflects it's movement and torque requests/potmon respond to change accordingly. The Inverter does not buzz/whine at all.

Putting an old Skool scope on the serial pairs, all pairs are at ground before "Start" is pressed, then jump up about 1.5V and produce this waveform - I'm wondering if anyone has seen this issue before and how they solved it. - No square waves or whine for me!
Attachments
Scope_Inverter_Serial.JPG
Project : GS450h into BMW 3 Series Touring?
Domt177

Post by Domt177 »

Anyone know how to tell if your MCP25625 (IC10) is working or not? When zombie is in run mode, it has nothing on any of the CAN Busses, is that expected?
Anything else I can try?
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

CAN3 via the mcp25625 is only used for control of the Ampera/Volt heater in the current firmware. I plan on using it for a Chademo implementation when I'm back on my feet after the house move.
I'm going to need a hacksaw
Domt177

Post by Domt177 »

Ah ok, for some reason I thought it was involved with CAN2, which is what I’m having issues with

With zombie in run mode (closes contactors etc) I can see messages coming from leaf inverter (used oscilloscope and laptop) they make it to IC16, and from what I can tell, make it through IC16, as oscilloscope still shows some signals on CAN1 coming from STM32

But still get no temps in web interface, invstat says off and no torque commands from pressing throttle. (Potnom goes from -30% when nothing pressed to 0% no matter how pressed down, got only pot1 calibrated and wired up)
EV_Builder

Post by EV_Builder »

Do you know the id's? Maybe they aren't in the filters?
Domt177

Post by Domt177 »

EV_Builder wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:52 pm Do you know the id's? Maybe they aren't in the filters?
1DA, 55A, 120
Domt177

Post by Domt177 »

Looks like 1DA and 55A are the 2 used by the zombie

Using an oscilloscope I can see CAN getting from the STM32 to IC16, but goes no further (this is with nothing plugged in on CAN ext 2)

I’ve replaced it with 2 other of the same chip (used for the Toyota stuff which I’m not using) and still nothing.

Any suggestions for what I can try next appreciated
EV_Builder

Post by EV_Builder »

Do you have a stm32 link USB thing? And a IDE setup?
Can you breakpoint?
Domt177

Post by Domt177 »

I have neither but can set up if needed. I think the breakpoint is at ic16 (if that’s what you mean)
EV_Builder

Post by EV_Builder »

No I mean a software breakpoint.
With the IDE connected we can check hardware first.
Domt177

Post by Domt177 »

Is that an arduino IDE setup connected to the STM32?
EV_Builder

Post by EV_Builder »

nope; codeblocks unther linux or microsoft code unther windows