Instagram CCS

Development and discussion of fast charging systems eg Chademo , CCS etc
Jack Bauer

Instagram CCS

Post by Jack Bauer »

Sooo as you know whenever I post something about Chademo the internet wants to know why I'm not doing ccs. This time I asked the internet and this time it responded. Aparaently this is all we need :
https://a.aliexpress.com/_9j6red

plus a microcontroller equals instant ccs...
I'm going to need a hacksaw
Isaac96

Re: Instagram CCS

Post by Isaac96 »

They say non professionals are not allowed to buy ! !

So when you retire to Lanzarote you can't have them anymore.
v-proto

Post by v-proto »

I already bought them and received them.
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

Sweet. Any progress to share?
MattsAwesomeStuff

Post by MattsAwesomeStuff »

Isaac96 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:58 pmSo when you retire to Lanzarote you can't have them anymore.
I did some digging, and apparently this Lanzarote is a real place.

But I've been doing the math and you know what? I don't think Damien is going to have enough money to disappear with all his illegitimate gains and retire there. I don't think it's even close. He's been lying to us all these years. What then is his *real* motivation for helping all these people design and build their own EVs? Who's really pulling the strings here?
v-proto

Post by v-proto »

Everything is very simple, you need a good programmer and he will write the code for controlling the charging and the consumer under the STM
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

Well I like simple:) Can you confirm that using the hardware from Aliexpress you have implemented a CCS session successfully? I'm guessing the details are not available but even that much information would help the effort.
mikeselectricstuff

Post by mikeselectricstuff »

Is the datasheet for the QCA7000 available?
Also, the line interface looks like it's aimed at powerline applications, probably differential - might needs some mods for the single-ended CCS application. Shouldn't be too hard to compare the coupling circuit on the board with one on a car CCS controller though.

Update - just saw there are multiple options on the listing, including QCA7005/EVSE configured.
v-proto

Post by v-proto »

Jack Bauer wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:39 am Well I like simple:) Can you confirm that using the hardware from Aliexpress you have implemented a CCS session successfully? I'm guessing the details are not available but even that much information would help the effort.
By hand is very simple setup connection with car or station. But then you need to send command very fast. ;)
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

Thanks. Bought a qca7000 car side module. Will look sexy on my desk if nothing else...
v-proto

Post by v-proto »

qca7000 Can work as car and ev sive.
Switch just by register.
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

Seems this is just implementing the physical layer as it expects full Ethernet frames on its serial data inputs.
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

But....but...it's supposed to be simple...
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

It has arrived. So the plan :

Step 1 : Buy cheap aliexpresss module

Step 2 : ???

Step 3 : Profit
Attachments
2021-06-01 15.11.25.jpg
2021-06-01 15.11.15.jpg
mikeselectricstuff

Jack Bauer wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:28 pm Step 2 : ???
Oh that's easy :
Find QCA700x datasheet without having to sign NDA
Write/port complete 7 layer network stack
Implement CCS protocol (includes making decisions on stuff that's ambiguous).
Repeatedly stab a voodoo doll you made of the IT dweeb who thought that as it's a "power" application, it would be appropriate to use an insanely complex, un-sniffable, un-scopeable wierd-ass protocol for a system that needs to have two devices talk to each other over a short, hardwired connection, just to agree how much current is needed, when 1-wire CAN would have worked just fine and saved everyone a whole ton of trouble.
Try not to look too suspicious whilst dicking around with a breadboard and laptop at your local charging station. At night. In the pouring rain.
Test on every different brand ( and firmware revision) of CCS charger you can find, trying not to die or need to call the fire brigade in the process
Deal with queries from noobs who've lashed up something with some 2.5mm twin & earth and are now wondering why things are melting

Step 3 : Profi.... Oh, hang on it's Open Source...er, bask in the glory perhaps?

Here's a diagram to get you started....
Image1.png
mikeselectricstuff

..or if you value your time at any more than minium wage, figure out that it would be cheaper to "rent" an i3 off ebay & log the crap out of the LIM module
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

Yeah I'm sticking with the LIM:)
johu
Site Admin

Post by johu »

mikeselectricstuff wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:27 pm Oh that's easy :
Repeatedly stab a voodoo doll you made of the IT dweeb who thought that as it's a "power" application, it would be appropriate to use an insanely complex, un-sniffable, un-scopeable wierd-ass protocol for a system that needs to have two devices talk to each other over a short, hardwired connection, just to agree how much current is needed, when 1-wire CAN would have worked just fine and saved everyone a whole ton of trouble.
Try not to look too suspicious whilst dicking around with a breadboard and laptop at your local charging station. At night. In the pouring rain.
Test on every different brand ( and firmware revision) of CCS charger you can find, trying not to die or need to call the fire brigade in the process
Deal with queries from noobs who've lashed up something with some 2.5mm twin & earth and are now wondering why things are melting

Step 3 : Profi.... Oh, hang on it's Open Source...er, bask in the glory perhaps?
That's hilarious :D But hey, some weirdos climb friggin Mount Everest for the fun of it. I'm thinking the death rate here could be lower. Though I'm not sure.
I would liketo crap on everyones doorstep that was involved in the design process. "So gentlemen, what is the most inconvenient transmission protocol for transmitting a few bytes?". "#1: How about FlexRay?" "Na, too easy". "#2: PLC?" "Not bad!" "A new variant of PLC so existing chipsets won't work?", "Yes! Perfect!". And it goes on. JSON? Bitbanging? XML? No! EXI! Every single design choice is just aimed at making developers life a nightmare. Amen.
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
EV_Builder

Post by EV_Builder »

Is this still the effort worth? Since we have the LIM?
I think we should focus on the rest of the hardware suite :)
Converting an Porsche Panamera
see http://www.wdrautomatisering.nl for bespoke BMS modules.
Ken_S

Post by Ken_S »

mikeselectricstuff wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:27 pm
Jack Bauer wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:28 pm Step 2 : ???
Oh that's easy :

Here's a diagram to get you started....
Image1.png
Keep in mind that CCS was created by a committee of engineering managers appointed by a bunch of companies who REALLY didn't want EVs to succeed when this was being designed. There is a reason why Tesla didn't go with the CCS standard for their DC fast charging protocol, and it isn't just that they weren't allowed to send anyone to the committee :?
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

Came upon this today : https://github.com/devolo/dlan-greenphy-sdk

Is it what it seems?
Jack Bauer

Post by Jack Bauer »

paaa