HSG - Hyundai/Kia

Dylan Witt

Re: HSG - Hyundai/Kia

Post by Dylan Witt »

i have not found a sprocket to fit it yet, i do how ever own a metal lathe to make an adapter to fit a sprocket. i have a 5hp diesel engine. was suppose to be a 10hp but the ebay seller said they sent the wrong one. so im going to try this 5hp
head2wind

Post by head2wind »

Hello all,
I am considering one of the HEV/HSG motors for a motorcycle build, but I am having troubles finding any for sale.
I must be missing the key words or special search methods... Are there any live references for units for sale?
zilion

Post by zilion »

head2wind wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:14 am Hello all,
I am considering one of the HEV/HSG motors for a motorcycle build, but I am having troubles finding any for sale.
I must be missing the key words or special search methods... Are there any live references for units for sale?
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=hy ... +generator
I smell lithium in the air. It's not lithium, it's glycolium.
Dylan Witt

Post by Dylan Witt »

Bratitude wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:53 am
Dylan Witt wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:19 am so im using one of these as a generator for my electric mazda rx8 project. im only needing 80 amps and 265 volts
What are you going to drive it with?

I’ve been looking for a sprocket that would fit onto the shaft, no luck so far as it’s 22mm diameter shaft with a 4mm width woodruff notch. the standard for a 22mm shaft is a 6mm width notch.
Bratitude

Post by Bratitude »

Dylan Witt wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:23 pm
nice. But what did you do for the hsg shaft? Just turn down and weld a sprocket on the original pulley?

I haven’t found a keyed pully or hub with the same diameter and keyway
https://bratindustries.net/ leaf motor couplers, adapter plates, custom drive train components
Dylan Witt

Post by Dylan Witt »

i cut the third to last vbelt pulley off, that left the flat metal on the pulley that i then welded the sprocket onto, of course centering the sprocket onto the pulley before welding was tricky, out of all things i used electrical tape to fill the gap between the shaft and sprocket, that then allowed me to spot weld the sprocket onto the pulley.
sdobbie

Post by sdobbie »

Hi everyone, I have a Nissan ENV200 van and want to make a range extender generator for it. What is the continous power output of the HSG when used as a generator? The kia niro website says 8Kw but doesn't specify whether that's as a motor or generator. I need 5KW minimum. I will use a vesc based board dropped into a BMW I3 REME inverter to control it, and development of this board is almost done.
bigmotherwhale

Post by bigmotherwhale »

Hi Shaun, it will be the same power as a motor or a generator, does not matter.
Interesting project, I also got a small generator for home power, was going to use lebowski not VESC but decided to use a solar GTI instead.
Romale

Post by Romale »

kiwifiat wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:10 pm been to design a board that will mount on short standoffs over the original pcb and have very short jumpers going to the gate drives, current sensors, and bus voltage feedback.

I use Honda ima + brain v3 OI inverters very widely. but I have not yet been able to find a point at which the native inverter board would report the voltage of a high-voltage battery.
Could you help me with this?
evil neodymium :twisted:
kiwifiat

Post by kiwifiat »

I use an isolated amp taking bus voltage off one of the IGBT's . There is non-isolated feedback noted in the original reverse engineering document but the transfer function is different for the left most feedback point compared to the right two. If you take a look under the driver board you can see two distinctly different feedback networks. The transfer function noted in the original doc applies only to the right hand two pickup points.

Take a look at what forum member Mouse discovered: viewtopic.php?t=1495
If you take that path you would need to convert back to an analog value unless you can pass that parameter over CAN to the OI brain.
Anders

Post by Anders »

HSGCAD.PNG
Picked up one of these for a project and threw together a rough CAD model. Just done using calipers in front of the CAD computer, not based on a laserscan or anything so double check the measurements before you use it.

Stepfile below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16VgBdF ... drive_link