Prius gen2 Resolver excititation - weird signal

Ranen

Prius gen2 Resolver excititation - weird signal

Post by Ranen »

I have a prius Gen2 board and we have had it running 21W lights sequence and had it tuning the moter open loop from 12V supply open loop (Sine software) and looked good.
Now want to use FOC and thus resolver and drawing blanks.
I see no or a very distorted Excitation feed. I am looking with a scope and have tried connected to teh PRius resolver and not. I am confident I have the prius resolver swiring correct having watched it on a scope with driven by the prius ECU in teh car (and it agrees with toyota wiring diagram :-) )

Does the board need depopulating or anything to generate a sine wave ?

Attached are phone pics of scope traces.

- Top trace is resovler excitation, bottom trace is sin or cos channel (not sure which). When I turn the road wheel/MG2 the amplitude of the lower trace changes by only a tine fraction.
Screenshot_20201128-105113_Video_Player[1].jpg
This is just the Prius hybrid ecu connected (confirming resolver works)
Screenshot_20201128-105018_Video_Player[1].jpg

Prius board is running Sine software, connected to inverter which is powered, is in Run mode, encoder mode= resolver.

Looking at "Angle" in plot, I see this, irrespective of anything connected to resolver input or anything going round. Dunno if this fives any clues
Ranen
20201127_175116[1].jpg

What am I missing !!! It feels so close. From the FOC tuning video it appears the board should simply produce an excitation signal out of the box. Any thoughts ?

Thanks,
Ranen

Re: Prius gen2 Resolver excititation - weird signal

Post by Ranen »

Further to this, and somewhat to my surprise, we have managed to get angle read - in that it it increments when the shaft is turned. Even with that mad very non sinusoidal exciter drive.
I have not established where the elec signal has gone wrong - I will try to have a look tomorrow.

Another interesting thing, the angle value increments cyclically (0-360-0-360...) when I have forward selected - either with the Fwd pin pulled or or with "default forward" set in the parammeter. So if we drive the motor open loop the Angle value has nothing to do with motor position.
I have not tried in FOC yet..