Welcome to the getting started forum

johu
Site Admin

Welcome to the getting started forum

Post by johu »

I've been asked to create a new forum that is specially devoted to typical beginners questions - apparently new members are afraid to disturb the "big boys" in their meditational flow by asking basic questions.

There are no silly questions here - there may only be redundant questions that have already been answered. So as always, browse around first, then ask. Give descriptive thread titles so others benefit from your questions. Thread titles can be edited to be even more descriptive later on.

Bring it on :)

Please do not ask questions in this thread but do not hesitate to create a new one (with a descriptive title)
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
james@N52E01

Re: Welcome to the getting started forum

Post by james@N52E01 »

Brilliant! Thank you Johannes, hopefully others will see this as an opportunity to ask those questions they otherwise wouldn’t. I know I will :idea:
jalovick

Re: Welcome to the getting started forum

Post by jalovick »

Thanks Johannes! I'm sure I'll have a few.

The skill level of a lot of the forum members is quite high, but as development progresses, not everything seems to make it to the various threats on the forum, or information gets updated later in the thread. I'm no electronics engineer, but I can help with research and writing things down (I've already started listing part numbers for inverters in the Toyota Wiki, and hope to work out which board is compatible with which inverter).

The recent videos on FOC tuning were great, but a bit more info on how to build a test setup (Damien did explain the components, but it wasn't clear how to wire them), and some clarification/documentation around using MG1 for charging using celeron55's firmware would be great. I'll be sure to make seperate posts.

Thanks!