Power part of the inverter on Semikron assemblies

Introduction and miscellaneous that we haven't created categories for, yet
Yahha777

Power part of the inverter on Semikron assemblies

Post by Yahha777 »

Hello - my name is Yasha, I am from Belarus. I am also fond of creating an electric car. My project is based on an asynchronous industrial electric motor with rewound windings at 96V 200 Hz. Initially, the project was calculated on the controller Curtis. But - I'm not looking for easy ways! I have collected the logical part of the inverter Johannes v 2. It is time to gather the power part - and I need help. I do everything for the first time and have never encountered such a thing. As I already mentioned, my electric motor at 96 to 200 Hz is a task in choosing the operating voltage of an IGBT assembly. My choice fell on SKM600GB066D vs. SKM400GB126D. That is 600v or 1200v. Battery voltage is expected to be 135v. Naturally, with such a voltage in my case, the current is expected to be much higher - but enough - is the operating voltage 600v? I want to know more about the possibility of charging in "Buck Mode" for my battery voltage. So I will be grateful for any information and advice, but you can also have a photo on the assembly of the power part of the controller. Thank you!
johu
Site Admin

Re: Power part of the inverter on Semikron assemblies

Post by johu »

Yes for your project 600V modules are fit. They usually have a slightly smaller voltage drop when on compared to 1200V ones.
Read about charging here: https://openinverter.org/docs/index.htm ... ng,27.html
I use the boost scheme in my daily driver.
Support R/D and forum on Patreon: https://patreon.com/openinverter - Subscribe on odysee: https://odysee.com/@openinverter:9
Stephen Darbey

Post by Stephen Darbey »

Hi Yahha777
Best of luck with your project with the low voltage motor. Can I ask you, if you rewound the motor yourself or was it done at factory level originally.?
I have a similar project that I am working on.

Regards
Stephen
SDev
Yahha777

Post by Yahha777 »

Stephen Darbey wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:56 pm Hi Yahha777
Best of luck with your project with the low voltage motor. Can I ask you, if you rewound the motor yourself or was it done at factory level originally.?
I have a similar project that I am working on.

Regards
Stephen
Hello Stephen! I myself was rewinding the electric motor - but the winding data was calculated for me by experts.
Stephen Darbey

Post by Stephen Darbey »

Yahha777

Ah, so you are doing all the hard work of cleaning out old windings and preparing new ones. Hope the calculations work out OK. My work is based upon a guy called Ivan Bennett. ( Check out Youtube )

Best of luck
Stephen
SDev